No announcement yet.

Rats in my wife's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soy based coating on the wires, once they find it they’ll never leave it alone. Same for aerial fiber/telecom cables. Squirrels eat it like candy and tear up tons of it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
      Dude, you don’t have a rat problem, you have a wife problem! Tell her to have fun walking.
      The rats/mice are easy to get rid of. The problem is that she sees a god excuse for a upgrade. Get rid of the rodents, run an ozincs for a full cycle, get it detailed for her and tell her to get over it.

Happy Wife Happy Life! [emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the biggest, strongest ozone generator you can afford off Amazon. Get all the dead ones you can find out and run that ozone generator like crazy. Run it with the vehicle on and off. Run it with the ac on recirc. I've got "dead"smells out of cars by doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
          I know some of the Fords and Kawasaki Mules, the wire coating is made with soybean oil and I've heard of ranchers having their wiring eaten from front to back on the Mules.
          Well there it is. Could not remember what was the compound they are eating. Selling auto plugs we get a lot of strange calls. Lots of deer and pig strikes. This year I got my first bear strike. Of course I asked the body shop if the bear survived and he told me " she was a little old lady and I asked her if the bear survived and she said - I don't know I was not going to stop the car and go poke it with a stick"

Comment

She’s not worried about the upgrade. She would trade it for a corolla right now. I’m more worried about the damage than the smell. The smell I can get ride of with time.

Comment

I have a pretty strong stomach for stink but I can’t think of many more retch-inducing than lingering, rotting rodent carcass.

Comment

Rat snake will fix that right up.

Comment

[QUOTE=TP3;15105194]Rat snake will fix that right up.[/QUO

but then you have a snake problem and that might be worse in your wife's eyes

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
                    Get the biggest, strongest ozone generator you can afford off Amazon. Get all the dead ones you can find out and run that ozone generator like crazy. Run it with the vehicle on and off. Run it with the ac on recirc. I've got "dead"smells out of cars by doing this.
                    You gotta get the live ones out first, or the ozone will make more dead rats

Comment

Oh ****! If I did that, I would have to get my wife a new car, that day. She would never get anywhere near the car again. That is a pretty funny story.

As for the damage, for some reason, they like injector wires, they like foil covered wires. Which ignition wiring and injector wiring will be wrapped in foil. But they will eat any wires, that are in their way or wires they can get to, just for the heck of it. Yes, they will eat holes in plastic, such as plastic evaporator cases, plastic vacuum tanks, ECT. For them to be inside the car, they likely ate a hole through the cabin filter that or through the evaporator case. There really should not be anywhere they could get into the interior of the car, without, the windows being down, doors open or they ate through something.

Comment

A baby coon died in the fire wall of moms suburban
                        Insurance claim to the tune of like 3500.. had to replace metal quarter panels
                        Death stench wouldn't go away

Good luck clean and spray vinegar leave it to air out

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          New 2014 Ford F150 back in the day had $800 worth of damage from rats at the lease. built a nest between the block and firewall and ate some wires.

Not sure of the truth to this but was told by some Ford people that a lot of car mfgs use cooking oil to greas wires when they run them thru cabling or bigger covers. Rats/mice are going after the oil!
                          To the best of my knowledge that is not true. I worked in Ford dealers for many years, and have worked on them for many years since and other brands. Most often, rats and squirrels go after foil covered wires. For some reason, they like to chew on the foil or there is some attraction to something on the foil. Most of the time we find rat eaten wires, they are foil covered wires, such as ignition or injector wiring. Any wires that can produce lots of radio noise, are typically foil wrapped to reduce radio noise. Those are the wires, mice, rats and tree rats prefer. We have for years assumed they like chewing on the foil. They will chew on any wire, they can get to.

They will eat plastic anything and hoses at times, such as vacuum hoses, and they will find insulation, in the vehicles and make nests with it.

In the dealer, we used to see many trucks that were taken to deer leases and left sitting for days, that would have rat eaten wires. Also the snow birds that come down here in the winter and stay in RV parks for months, would often find their truck or RV had wires that had been eaten, when they they tried to leave to go home. A rat can do a lot of damage in a day or two, when you give them three months, they can do really do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                            To the best of my knowledge that is not true. I worked in Ford dealers for many years, and have worked on them for many years since and other brands. Most often, rats and squirrels go after foil covered wires. For some reason, they like to chew on the foil or there is some attraction to something on the foil. Most of the time we find rat eaten wires, they are foil covered wires, such as ignition or injector wiring. Any wires that can produce lots of radio noise, are typically foil wrapped to reduce radio noise. Those are the wires, mice, rats and tree rats prefer. We have for years assumed they like chewing on the foil. They will chew on any wire, they can get to.

They will eat plastic anything and hoses at times, such as vacuum hoses, and they will find insulation, in the vehicles and make nests with it.

In the dealer, we used to see many trucks that were taken to deer leases and left sitting for days, that would have rat eaten wires. Also the snow birds that come down here in the winter and stay in RV parks for months, would often find their truck or RV had wires that had been eaten, when they they tried to leave to go home. A rat can do a lot of damage in a day or two, when you give them three months, they can do really do some damage.
                            You can think or assume all you want but the fact is they chew on wires becaus the wire casing/insulation is soy oil based, it is well documented and easy to prove with a little research. Has nothing to do with foil wires or radio frequencies.

Comment

20 or so years back my daughter hade a small car, I forget what kind. Two different times had a rat got in her ac fan. Started smelling some thing but when she turned on the ac, wow, it would choke you down. Nothing quite like unwinding rat guts from a fan to get it out.

Comment

Get them all the time in our ranch trucks. My brother left his hunting pack in there & found a nice surprise of baby mice when he stuck his hand down in there about a week later😂 I’ve gone on a killing spree & haven’t had issues in awhile. Make sure you check your air filters as well, we had one that some how got in there and only find out as the smell just wouldn’t go away.

Comment

Working...
                                X