Rats in my wife's car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats in my wife's car

I made the mistake of leaving an extra bag of corn in my garage recently. Then a few days ago my wife complains that her car smells terrible, like something died. I look all in it, under it, under the hood and cannot find anything. The next day I see a rat in the garage after my corn, so I figured a rat got in her car and died somewhere. This morning I decided to pull her car out of the garage to let it air out. When I backed it out I noticed two dead baby rats on the floorboard of the passenger side. I also thought I heard something in the dashboard right above them. I was on the way to work so I only had time to take the two dead ones out and leave the car in the driveway. When I get home I plan to take the glove box off and look behind the cabin air filter. My wife has declared that she will never drive the car again. What do you think are the chances that they have done any real damage? This is a 2016 4runner. I might be in the market for a new one.

A few years back my mom called me on her way home from work. Dad was out of town and she said her car smelled terrible when she turned on the AC and asked if I could look at it. She pulls in the driveway and I can already smell something dead. She pops the hood and gets out gagging. I start looking and see a big *** rat stuck between a belt and pulley. First thing I could find to pry it loose was an old arrow with a Muzzy 125. It took a minute but it finally plopped down on the driveway. Stunk for a few weeks I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
      I made the mistake of leaving an extra bag of corn in my garage recently. Then a few days ago my wife complains that her car smells terrible, like something died. I look all in it, under it, under the hood and cannot find anything. The next day I see a rat in the garage after my corn, so I figured a rat got in her car and died somewhere. This morning I decided to pull her car out of the garage to let it air out. When I backed it out I noticed two dead baby rats on the floorboard of the passenger side. I also thought I heard something in the dashboard right above them. I was on the way to work so I only had time to take the two dead ones out and leave the car in the driveway. When I get home I plan to take the glove box off and look behind the cabin air filter. My wife has declared that she will never drive the car again. What do you think are the chances that they have done any real damage? This is a 2016 4runner. I might be in the market for a new one.
      my mom just had similar issue with her 2012 four runner
      she drove it Thursday and then Friday morning she got in it and started it and was running terrible.
      she had it towed to Toyota dealership rat or squirrel had chewed though wires to fuel pump and transmission.

Comment

New 2014 Ford F150 back in the day had $800 worth of damage from rats at the lease. built a nest between the block and firewall and ate some wires.

Not sure of the truth to this but was told by some Ford people that a lot of car mfgs use cooking oil to greas wires when they run them thru cabling or bigger covers. Rats/mice are going after the oil!

Comment

There is something in the plastic compound on wires they can eat and digest. I sell tons of pigtails that rats have destroyed...............

Comment

pic
            Attached Files

Comment

try putting a trap with bait on the floor board. maybe you will get lucky and catch it before it dies up there

Comment

My wife would set that mug on fire. Insurance be ****ed.

Comment

I know some of the Fords and Kawasaki Mules, the wire coating is made with soybean oil and I've heard of ranchers having their wiring eaten from front to back on the Mules.

Comment

Dude, that’s gross

Comment

Years ago I had to set traps in our E-150 conversion van to trap the buggers!

Comment

I’m out!

Comment

Dude, you don’t have a rat problem, you have a wife problem! Tell her to have fun walking.
                          The rats/mice are easy to get rid of. The problem is that she sees a god excuse for a upgrade. Get rid of the rodents, run an ozincs for a full cycle, get it detailed for her and tell her to get over it.

Comment

Takes about 2 to 3 weeks for them to dry up and not smell.

Comment

Shots fired,shots fired

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X