No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(5) 5.5 mature etx bucks ya love to see it! The East kids are wrapped! [emoji1377][emoji1377][emoji1377][emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good grief. Of course you and Tony got great bucks, but Todd got a helluva deer too.

Congrats to all of you!

Comment

My son has hunted since Thursday afternoon and my wife went to camp Saturday afternoon. They're both sitting this morning.

While a couple bucks have shown on camera, they haven't seen much. Son's been hunting a food plot with some hand corn and wife been just about everything

Good news is one buck that was Mia all freaking season came back

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Good grief. Of course you and Tony got great bucks, but Todd got a helluva deer too.

Congrats to all of you!

Yes sir was a fine year in the pines for us [emoji1373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished the season on a last minute Hail Mary with wind conditions and just getting back into town. Saw 1 monster doe and what I’m assuming was her fawn. If any of the shooters become patterned in next 2 weeks I’ll let bee bop try his luck.

Comment

We had a relatively slow season. About 2/3 way through the doe tags at this point.

1 target buck killed, 1 I can't get a picture of (suspicious), and 1 off the don't shoot list... oh well, here's to another year of managing people more than deer
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow. That second picture just about put my eye out. Was he the one on the do not shoot list? And if so why. Age or continuing genetics or both? Helluva deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  Wow. That second picture just about put my eye out. Was he the one on the do not shoot list? And if so why. Age or continuing genetics or both? Helluva deer.
                  4.5 year old. Thats a deer i want to kill at 6.5+

We have a problem with killing the top end deer at 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post

My neighbors prefer them at 2.5-3.5. Lol. The 110” rack looks more impressive on a 70# body…..

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      My neighbors prefer them at 2.5-3.5. Lol. The 110” rack looks more impressive on a 70# body…..
                      You hunt closer to me than I thought [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t blame you. It seems that some repercussions are in order. I’d be smoking pizzed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          I don’t blame you. It seems that some repercussions are in order. I’d be smoking pizzed.
                          I have been, it won’t change anything especially when it’s family.

Next year extra measures are coming… hopefully

Comment

I have been, it won’t change anything especially when it’s family.

Next year extra measures are coming… hopefully
                            Ouch. That’s a tough one my friend. Hopefully it’ll all come together without a family feud.

Comment

Managing deer in the deer woods.....piece of cake would almost do it for free!

Managing people in the deer woods.....no thanks it don’t pay enough!

Comment

It’s a wrap. I was lucky to get to hunt my property and thankful for that. I did have a chance to take the one good buck we were watching, but passed. Hopefully we get to find his sheds. Numbers are down fellas in my corner of Polk County (it’s not as easy as too many acorns), but we hope to change that this year with some timber cuts. We also have some other off season projects planned. In the end, this season was a disaster, starting with my neighbor and his motorcycle hitting a great deer thst we watched all summer. Already excited for 2023/24!

Comment

Working...
                                X