No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I cleared the wood line on what was possibly the last hunt for myself this season. With the distant faint sound of an unknown deer blowing snot all over the woods to my north. And the excited chatter of the logging crew to my south. I looked ahead and realized I’m still blessed in so many ways. If I don’t make it out till youth season. It was a season full of really big deer to chase
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      As I cleared the wood line on what was possibly the last hunt for myself this season. With the distant faint sound of an unknown deer blowing snot all over the woods to my north. And the excited chatter of the logging crew to my south. I looked ahead and realized I’m still blessed in so many ways. If I don’t make it out till youth season. It was a season full of really big deer to chase
      Not to rub salt in a wound, but are you ever gonna show us pictures of Main Event?

Comment

Movement was fast and furious from dawn to dusk today.

It’s like they know something is coming/fixin to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Not to rub salt in a wound, but are you ever gonna show us pictures of Main Event?
          Lol. When I know he’s dead. The pressure around that area is the most ridiculous mess I’ve seen. I’d be dumb to think of the 30 people hunting in that area I’m the only one with pics… which explains the warehouse of feeders on fence line. Bee bop still has a tag and youth season if it goes that far

Got word today that another neighbors wife killed “The big 8”(Big Jim)…. Finally got confirmation today. Wasn’t him it was “Copy Cat” a mature buck, but a long ways from big Jim sized!
          Last edited by Low Fence; 12-21-2022, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Teaser. Lol. From 3 years ago of him. He don’t have that eye anymore…
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              Teaser. Lol. From 3 years ago of him. He don’t have that eye anymore…
              Dadgum. He was old as Methuselah even then.

Comment

Rusk County, waiting on some daylight.

Comment

14 doe so far. 7 at one time on a corn pile. As soon as this wind shifts I’m moving in closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They are moving better this morning than they have in a couple of weeks according to the cameras. I wish I could sneak off this evening

Comment

Had 7 doe come in this morning. Good sit. Won't be going to sit in gusts of 40 mph this evening lol, or in 10 degrees in the morning. I'm going to get some sleep and hit it again when it's a balmy 24 tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                        Rusk County, waiting on some daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
                          Great job. Congrats. Was he working a scrape?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Lol

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

For those who are going to brave the wind and cold I am going to reference Steve's thread on pressured deer. He talks about the corner effect and how deer reposition as the wind shifts making them vulnerable during that short period of time. For most of you the wind is likely already shifted, but I wanted to add an observation to Steve's point. I am able to watch deer year around here at the house and have witnessed this corner effect many times. As the bucks are already beginning to get back into their bachelor groups, I have noticed these groups of deer almost always face multiple directions when they bed in a group and usually on the edge of a slight rise or ridge. This makes it very hard to stalk a deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X