No announcement yet.

East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of y'all had much luck hunting over scraps? I've set a few cameras up on them and they go cold. I assume I've left too much scent being careless.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
      Any of y'all had much luck hunting over scraps? I've set a few cameras up on them and they go cold. I assume I've left too much scent being careless.

There’s a difference in scrapes. This time of year I see a lot that get hit one time and never again, I assume just bucks cruising.
      Then there are other scrapes that are there year after year, those I have had better luck with.

Comment

Phone got lit up this afternoon with pics of “Main Event” @ 7:45 pm!!!!!! That puts him under my stand in daylight if he took trail he appeared to be on!!! Hog ran him out of pen 20 minutes later but he came back. Condition look great for
        Sunday evening. As of now that’s my plan!!!

Good head on shot today….. he’s bigger than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Phone got lit up this afternoon with pics of “Main Event” @ 7:45 pm!!!!!! That puts him under my stand in daylight if he took trail he appeared to be on!!! Hog ran him out of pen 20 minutes later but he came back. Condition look great for
          Sunday evening. As of now that’s my plan!!!

Good head on shot today….. he’s bigger than I thought!
          Come on Kyle. Throw the dogs a bone. How bout that pic !!

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
            Gotta love east texas, the good and bad! Atleast he is on a horse, keeping it natural
            Thanks for making me chuckle because my other response was going to be FUGLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Come on Kyle. Throw the dogs a bone. How bout that pic !!
              Lol. I can’t. Already got trolls following me. It’s dog eat dog out here

Comment

I understand. Go get him and give us some LDPs.

Comment

Wow.........hopefully those folks grow the heck up. Good luck in getting an arrow in him.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post

I’ve hunted coyotes over scraps

I know what you saying…scrapes

I tried a mock scrape & so far nothing is active on it

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Trespasser place living up to its name lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      That sucks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                          Gotta love east texas, the good and bad! Atleast he is on a horse, keeping it natural
                          That's Roy Roger's on trigger

Comment

All my major scrape activity in daylight anyway is August through mid September. It’s non stop

Typically A taped made along a trail year after year are a good indicator of natural travel…. Though probably dark. Random smaller scrapes and ribs are often made out of frustration and may never see a deer the rest of the season

I hunt an area…. And if it happens to have scrapes and right be good! If not I’ll hunt it vs sitting over one at any time of the season. You might get lucky….. but the odds are not in your favor

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              I’ve hunted coyotes over scraps

I know what you saying…scrapes

I tried a mock scrape & so far nothing is active on it
                              Lol dang phone. I think I attract coyotes anyhow. Every year it seems I have some come through while hunting in the national forest.

Comment

Some parachute cord stretched real tight about 7’ high on a two track would just about right.

Comment

Working...
                                X