East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    He’s my back up lol. The 160” main frame 10 with split brows thats 22 wide that he runs with will be my number 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any velvet pics of the 10?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
      my protein feeder is in a 25" high x 50' pen . ive done tree mounted as well with similar results. i think they they think im trying to poison them
      I have one buck that will eat protein rest of my deer no dice, tried several different types and feeding options. Hopefully he teaches the rest of em.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

They are definitely hammering the protein. I have 1 of the Texas Hunter 300 pounders out. I filled it July 1st, was back in the area on the 15th, it was empty. So I had enough to fill it up halfway, went back yesterday it was empty, so I filled it again.

Nothing else to eat right now, it's all burnt up.

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
          They are definitely hammering the protein. I have 1 of the Texas Hunter 300 pounders out. I filled it July 1st, was back in the area on the 15th, it was empty. So I had enough to fill it up halfway, went back yesterday it was empty, so I filled it again.

Nothing else to eat right now, it's all burnt up.
          What kind of protein?

Comment

Mine are eating protein like crazy too. I buy MG

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              Mine are eating protein like crazy too. I buy MG
              What I use as well. 16%

Comment

ive tried antlermax, something that tractor supply had i cant remember, and cattle starter. All mixed with corn.

Comment

Well, might as well join this party! Looking forward to this season, 2nd season in the saddle. We had a few very good survivors....as far as I know they survived. Got 3 new lease members, anxious to see what they bring to the table. Members getting some decent pics of young bucks, no bruisers yet.

Moving some stands, adding one to a sanctuary I never hunt. Gonna prep it next weekend. Doing some things this season, I NEVER do, such as, a feeder, yes I put up a feeder, gravity feeder with Alfalfa. The other thing I NEVER do is hunt a sanctuary, that changes this season.

Good thread! Keep it going.
                  Nice SETx bucks.

Comment

We got shut down today from entering our lease due to fire risk… Hope we get some rain soon. They have had a couple of fires on different properties they manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                      We got shut down today from entering our lease due to fire risk… Hope we get some rain soon. They have had a couple of fires on different properties they manage.
                      We did too

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        We did too

Dammit guys. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          We did too

Who do y’all lease from?

Comment

Like I mentioned in an earlier post this is my first season on a lease. After putting out protein for a couple of weeks I was getting some pretty consistent buck pics. Well the hogs found the protein. No more buck pics, at least not where I’m feeding. Still picking a couple up away from the feed. Besides a pen, any suggestions ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool67 View Post
                              Like I mentioned in an earlier post this is my first season on a lease. After putting out protein for a couple of weeks I was getting some pretty consistent buck pics. Well the hogs found the protein. No more buck pics, at least not where I’m feeding. Still picking a couple up away from the feed. Besides a pen, any suggestions ? Thanks
                              Following…. I have the exact same issue… hogs and a bear showed up and the deer have not been back.

I did switch protein brand in my last fill. Not intentional, but all they had in inventory had some berry scent/extract. Prior to that, hogs didn’t really go after the protein.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fooser View Post
                                Following…. I have the exact same issue… hogs and a bear showed up and the deer have not been back.

I did switch protein brand in my last fill. Not intentional, but all they had in inventory had some berry scent/extract. Prior to that, hogs didn’t really go after the protein.
                                Feed pen for hogs is the only real solution.
                                For the bear just got hope he wonders off somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X