No announcement yet.

Auto gate recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Door King Model 6100. 15 yrs old now and never replaced a single item on it.

Comment

We are in the mix of getting one pretty quick. Will have power there if I want to go that route. Will put a keypad and multiple clickers and possibly a free exit. Have done a bunch of research and still undecided on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
        I have one of these and its the biggest piece of crap on the face of the earth. I hate that dang gate. Just looking at it ticks me off. I'm about to replace it and I'll take that Lift Master hunk of garbage to the ranch and shoot it full of holes.
        There is always that one gate that gives us fits.

Comment

My folks have an Apollo on theirs with no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
            We are in the mix of getting one pretty quick. Will have power there if I want to go that route. Will put a keypad and multiple clickers and possibly a free exit. Have done a bunch of research and still undecided on everything.

I would definitely go with a free exit if your driveway is of any length. You may consider two keypads as well. I put two at different heights to accommodate both cars and trucks. I also put covers on my keypads. I built this gooseneck and installed it into a 2' receiver hitch I concreted into the ground. I can pull out the keypad post in order to mow or grade the driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Viking L3 is what we have, after 15 years it has needed a control board after mice nested in there

i would recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                I would definitely go with a free exit if your driveway is of any length. You may consider two keypads as well. I put two at different heights to accommodate both cars and trucks. I also put covers on my keypads. I built this gooseneck and installed it into a 2' receiver hitch I concreted into the ground. I can pull out the keypad post in order to mow or grade the driveway.

Wireless exit pads?

Comment

US automatic patriot model

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

Our driveway isn’t long but we will be on the golf cart many times as well as the gator and it’s just easier than having a whole bunch of clickers. I like the keypad idea and that is pretty simple with quick connects...

Comment

Apollo is what I have

Don't go cheap, buy quality whichever brand you get

Buy once, cry once

MM will make you cuss and throw things

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Apollo is what I have

Don't go cheap, buy quality whichever brand you get

Buy once, cry once

MM will make you cuss and throw things
                        I had an Apollo that worked well for years, then some POS decided he wanted it and sawed it off my pole and took everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                          I am fixing to get a new opener as well since my Apollo took a swim during Harvey.

My first Apollo was a swing gate opener. It had the basic 836 board in it, and was very simple. It was PIA to install, as the instructions were vague. I ran it off solar, and it worked very good for a few years. I also had a free exit wand.

Lightning got the board & the wand during a bad storm one year. I replaced the board with the upgraded 1050 board, but not the wand. It kept acting up, and was frustrating me. It wasn't until I disconnected the wand that it started working correctly. I just abandoned the wand, and used the my clicker to open it from that point forward. It worked great up until the flood, but was a pain for people to exit that didn't have a clicker. I had to open it for them.

My only complaint with the Apollo was I could never figure out how to make it "Hold Open", without opening the box, and manually forcing it to stay open. This is an option you definetly want to have when you are having people over. I like for the gate to just stay open for a few hours, and then let me override when I want it closed. It would be nice to just have a second code that would operate a "hold open" function.
                          To keep them open, you hit the open button to open and just before it gets to fully open, hit the button again and it will stop right there. It will stay open until you hit the button again and it will close.

Comment

I build custom gates and install automatic openers. I always highly recommend US Automatic. Texas based company = Great customer service. I actually installed one today. IMO it is the best solar powered, heavy duty swing arm opener.

Comment

Originally posted by janak View Post
                              I build custom gates and install automatic openers. I always highly recommend US Automatic. Texas based company = Great customer service. I actually installed one today. IMO it is the best solar powered, heavy duty swing arm opener.
                              I see you are in Weimar. Where can I price those at around here? I’m in Sheridan

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                                I see you are in Weimar. Where can I price those at around here? I’m in Sheridan
                                NO where local sells them I sent you a PM of who I use

Comment

Working...
                                X