No announcement yet.

Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up seeing 4 bucks and 4 doe. Also, walked up on a snake going to the stand. Pretty sure it was a blue racer. Haven't seen one of those since I was a kid. Gun metal gray on top with a blue line at the edge of his belly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Looks like you are on them good luck. Myself, I am trying to decide between cooper or going to the coast for flounder next week.

Comment

The next 3 weeks is about the best time to be out. I'll be out there as much as I can. Thinking about going back tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Back in the stand. A little later than I wanted to be. But better than not at all. Anybody else out here today?

Comment

Getting skunked today. Just a little daylight left.

Comment

So help me, these squirrels will feel my wrath at the end of the season

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reports Puggy. I went out for the first time yesterday. The 6 to 12 inch puddles I was having to wade were actually attached to the creek. I was walking through a ton of minnows. A couple of my favorite spots are on slightly higher ground but they were not being used by deer, I believe because of lack of a good escape route for them to get out of danger. I found several single 1.5 year does feeding some of the cleared roads next to private property. I did not see any doe with fawn, I suspect they are on higher ground. I find trail breaking really exhausting around Cooper but I did a lot of it yesterday. I went and spoke to the park ranger about lake levels and he said they expect another inch of rain today could bring the lake level up another foot.

Comment

Thinking about going tomorrow. Haven't made up my mind yet. Guess I'll wait and see how much rain we get today and then decide.

Comment

Seen 1 doe and 1 bobcat on yesterday

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got settled into my stand. Jumped a young bedded doe walking in. She was laying in the middle of my path, just stood up and watched me walk straight at her till I got to about 50 yards. Just trotted off. Sweating like a mule, just relaxing yo cool down now and wait.

Comment

Man, the October oil is killing me. So.ething needs to move. Lol

Comment

Lull

Comment

That's more like it. 2 bucks and a doe just cruised through.

Comment

Saw 2 more bucks before dark.

Comment

Hey there, folks. I've never been to Cooper - hoping to find out what the opportunities are like there for tree stands versus blinds. I have a blind right now but not a tree stand and would like to know if there are areas where trees are tall and I could put a stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X