TPWD Youth Antlerless/Spike Chaparral WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Youth Antlerless/Spike Chaparral WMA

My little brother drew the chap for the spike and doe hunt. Did anyone else draw this hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. We've been down there many many times. Mostly youth hunts. My youngest is 17 so no more youth hunts for me...for 8 years when my grand son is 8.

Comment

My kids got drawn for this hunt a few years ago. It worked out well for them. My daughter shot her first deer, which was a doe that field dressed 101 lbs. My son didn't get a deer on the trip but did score a javelina. It's a great place to hunt and the staff is top notch.

Comment

Go standby on this hunt almost every year. Not sure we will go this year as we go drawn at James Daughtrey for the youth doe/spike. Don’t know if have time to go two weekends. What weekend you going? Awesome place with great deer. Lots of Javi, some hogs and maybe even a warthog. Great camp area with bathroom and showers and separate rv area but no hookups. If tent camping come early to claim your spot. Fills up pretty quick. Always room to pitch a tent but might not get fire ring, shelter or table. Nice walk in cooler and cleaning station. Has ice machine on site.

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
          My little brother drew the chap for the spike and doe hunt. Did anyone else draw this hunt?

My son drew it so we will be there.

MJ, I read there's no standby for youth at Chap. Is that new?
          Last edited by justletmein; 09-09-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Rules for Chap, Daughtrey, and Choke Youth all say that Stand Bys may be available. Call for info.

Last year there were 10/14/18 standbys available for the 3 hunts. Seems people just don't bring their kids when they get a conflict with schedules. Looking at all the data from previous years, they allow a LOT of standby youth hunters. Don't know why they would change now.

Comment

I stand corrected, it says no standbys positions for Youth Either sex! I read through the PDF that came with the permit too quickly and brain didn't register that's a different hunt. Thanks for pointing that out now I can invite a buddy and his son as well as sister and my nephew.

Comment

That could make an awesome hunt for the kids. They'd love it seeing all the game at the Chap!!!

Comment

My daughter and I will be there for the second hunt..my son and I have both taken a javi there, hoping she can also..

Comment

Nov 3 and 4 for us. We plan to tent camp and would love to team up with any other TBHers. Son is 14.

Comment

We will be there on the 10-11. We will also be tent camping hoping to get there Friday evening. We have hunted the Chap before two years ago on youth either sex hunt. He shot his first deer. It was a great time. We didn’t see many doe that year hopefully we can be successful with a doe or javelina.

Comment

My son, 10yr, and I will be at the Nov 10-11 hunt. Driving down on Friday evening and tent camping as well. This is our first year hitting the public hunts hard.

He was also drawn for Abilene SP and we both drew antlerless tags at SHNF and both drew Granger.

Comment

Both of my boys drew for the Nov 10-11 hunt. My oldest shot a javi there 3 years ago.

Comment

Anybody going Nov 3-4?

Comment

3 more years until my son and I can make it out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X