sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
    Am I reading it right that you can only harvest does and an unbranched buck during muzzleloader season in the moore?
    That new rule 2017

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
      Ummm, the book says "hunting", not "hunting related". Were you carrying a weapon?

If you weren't carrying a weapon, how does he know you weren't hiking?

I know that the use of hunter is encouraged and recomended, even for hikers. However, it isn't required when your scouting/hiking.
      To be honest, rules on ALL WMA forest land.
      Notice:*to archery hunters and recreational users: You must wear hunter orange during daylight hours at any time when firearm hunting for any species is authorized on the unit. Squirrel season open and even if hiking orange must be worn

Comment

I have heard of them coming into the woods to check a hunter (even on the stand while hunting) to make sure orange is being worn, license and permits are squared away, etc.

In your situation, I believe you were legal. I don't believe you had to have it on, I'm glad you didn't get a ticket.
        Wrong guys squirrel season going on so all on WMA land must have orange on hunting or not

Comment

Yes, if your hunting.
          All other recreational users are only encouraged to wear it.

This is straight from the book:
          For all WMA, it is required
          national forest and grassland are different. Thus the separate paragraph at end of that post.

Comment

Anyone hunt the boles field area?

Comment

Originally posted by Big woods 76 View Post
              Anyone hunt the boles field area?
              I do , there are absolutely no deer in that area ...

Comment

This will be my first time hunting public land, I'll be goin to Moore WMA. This may sound like a dumb question (but I've never been there) where do I park my truck when I head in to hunt?
                I've gotten maps and permit and all that, just looking for some help as to where I can and cannot go out there.

Comment

Anyone have any info for me @ Moore Plantation WMA? I've tried google and haven't found much info, tried calling the information center up there but haven't reached anyone yet.

Comment

Parking at Moore Plantation

Park wherever you like on the side of the road. So long as you're not impeding traffic, you are fine. In my mind Moore Plantation is split into two sections, North(above 2426) and South(below 2426). FR114 splits the south side into east and west and FR152 runs a loop through the north side. Deer are all over the moore and by keying in on certain terrain features, you can be very successful out there.

Comment

Originally posted by nokturnal85 View Post
                      Park wherever you like on the side of the road. So long as you're not impeding traffic, you are fine. In my mind Moore Plantation is split into two sections, North(above 2426) and South(below 2426). FR114 splits the south side into east and west and FR152 runs a loop through the north side. Deer are all over the moore and by keying in on certain terrain features, you can be very successful out there.
                      Thanks for the info bud, I'm hoping to bring home somethin for the freezer

Comment

Anyone have any success. I had a few does around but no doe tag.

Comment

Been seeing plenty of does and young bucks moving in daylight. Big bucks were hitting scrapes hard during daylight hours from 10/25-11/3

Comment

I'll be back there the Sunday before Thanksgiving for a week of hunting our land along with some SNF.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by coach2 View Post
                              Anyone have any success. I had a few does around but no doe tag.
                              I'll be up there thanksgiving weekend with a doe tag

Comment

Headed up Sunday. Going to hunt til Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X