2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Slew are you selling your boat? [emoji12] sounds like one of those shady east texas deals! No title for the motor!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Lmao! I actually know who that used to belong too and know where it's at from the pics! I can tell you it's hardly been used! At least by the last owner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

Only pic I got today! From lake to plate are my favorite!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Lmao! I actually know who that used to belong too and know where it's at from the pics! I can tell you it's hardly been used! At least by the last owner!

It will make some LSU fan happy!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had my hands full today!! Made it home!! Football and cold beer time now!!

Comment

Heck yeah was that on Fork? I caught a limit on Thursday found a lake with some white one's

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Palestine! FIL couldn't stand on the deck so he set on the cooler on the back of the front deck. No telling how many bites he missed but he caught some nice fish!! He wouldn't set the hook or reel! Just pick up and laugh! I had to grab the line and yank em in the boat!!

Comment

Was in Radar's shine [emoji23]

Comment

Picked up my grandson Ivan this afternoon to go fishing with me in the morning. We got home and decided we should hit the lake for a couple of hours just to look for some places to fish in the morning.
                  Down timber in 12 to 15 foot of water was the ticket. We decided we would quit at 25 so we could get home before dark but he caught one more while I was packing up the boat to leave.
                  I was using the same old purple and yellow 1/8 oz Nedkid tackle jig. He was pitching a red jig with a purple head.
                  They wanted it moving so we were pitching across the tops and swimming it back.
                  I expect to hammer them in the morning.
                  This boy loves to fish almost as much hunting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C26FC97D-C674-4B62-84B6-E15DC9C7085E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	24592660

Name:	6063999A-E333-462E-BC2A-FEBF094DD811.jpeg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	24592661

Comment

G Rod and a Trump hat! That kids living right!![emoji106]

Comment

Got the sled all shined up for Hot Springs! Amazing how dirty 7 little panfish can get a livewell in 8 hours!!

Comment

I would have just quit and went home.
                        I had my grandson with me this morning and we wanted to fish standing timber looking for big white crappie. The wind was 15 miles an hour gusting to 20. The waves made boat control tough. The wind made feeling the bite almost impossible.
                        At 10:00 we had 5 big crappie to show for the beating we were taking, I would have just called it a day. My grandson is one of those”just one more cast” kind of kids so we moved to brush piles in 15 foot of water, just to get out of the wind. We boat 20 black crappie by noon and headed home.
                        Nothing is better than being grandpa.
                        I was using a purple and yellow bumble bee jig. Ivan was using a red jig with a purple head.

Name:	D1520824-7E2E-45BC-B381-333F0C64093C.jpeg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	24592699

Name:	D5D0E71E-B7ED-40CC-95F5-809EDCD84E87.jpeg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	24592700

Name:	9937503C-449B-4FF5-A123-CB56172B412F.jpeg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	24592701

Name:	69611F82-988E-442A-AEC8-5976BEF8CCC4.jpeg
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	24592702

Comment

All settled in for a week of small crappie!!

Deer watching us!!

Comment

No fish

Comment

Ok guys. Real question. Looking for advice. Have a decent boat. Just put a Lowrance Elite 9 ti2 on it. So now have sidescan. Went to Conroe this morning. Went to a couple of brush piles, and found a new one. Ended up with one bite, no fish. Using minnows. Dropped about 10ft down and waited a bit. Then dropped 2 more feet and so on.

What am I do8ng wrong. We used to catch them ok on Conroe, but never great. Dont know what else I should do.

Maybe its time to give up on conroe for crappie? Or is it me?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                Ok guys. Real question. Looking for advice. Have a decent boat. Just put a Lowrance Elite 9 ti2 on it. So now have sidescan. Went to Conroe this morning. Went to a couple of brush piles, and found a new one. Ended up with one bite, no fish. Using minnows. Dropped about 10ft down and waited a bit. Then dropped 2 more feet and so on.

What am I do8ng wrong. We used to catch them ok on Conroe, but never great. Dont know what else I should do.

Maybe its time to give up on conroe for crappie? Or is it me?
                                Conroe seems like it is pretty good for crappie late spring and early summer. For a lake that is 75% bulkheaded just not alot of places for the to spawn and have sustainable numbers any more. Travel down the road to Rayburn. Pretty easy to find brushpiles and the 147 bridge always has fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X