Shutting down public places is bullspit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hntr2506 View Post
    So everyone wants to take the chance that if they catch covid 19, nothing will happen to them.
    What if though, you're one of those unlucky people that don't die but, never fully recover.
    What if you're just passing it along to your kids, friends, or your parents? Is getting a beer in a bar THAT important?

You have to understand that most of us are capable of weighing, and mitigating the risks of this virus like we do in every other aspect of life. It’s part of being a functional adult. Also, we’re not all scared of our own shadows. The regular world must be terrifying to you.

People depend on bars for their livelihoods too.

Freedom is wasted on those who don’t know how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
      Dumber than a box a rocks my daddy used to say.
      Just spray some disinfectant in your mouths, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 9452772 View Post
        I do not fear Covid-19 and wish we would open up. However, there is a greater chance of dying from Covid than a car crash as of latest numbers.

Another difference is when you are in a crash you are the only victim unless others involved. When the crash ends typical that is it. In rare cases a car crash can cause a chain reaction and in even rarer cases a family member traveling to the scene or hospital can be involved in a crash. EMS/Fire can also be involved in a crash traveling to the scene.

With Covid it is possible to show no or very little signs and yet spread the design to others that get sick or they pass it to even others that get sick and die. That is the problem with Covid is spreading it without knowing it and killing others. Kinda like leaving a gun in a car over night, it gets stolen and then used in a crime that kills someone. There is a argument that the person that left the gun in the car shares some of the blame.

I would hate to get Covid, pass it to my parents who then pass it to a church member that then dies.

Just my thoughts, it all sucks right now and I am concerned that this will grow over time and will kill lots of people in the next year or two world wide.
        Wrong again. Or maybe the car crash analogy should be revised to "If you're under the age of 60"

Why do people refuse to see that COVID basically only kills those who are weak and have big underlying health issues? Are there any studies that show about how long these people would have lived if COVID didn't kill them?

Comment

Get to drinking it and save us all the annoyance of your comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As I already posted to a few other folks on different threads..... put the shovel down.....the hole is only getting deeper.

Comment

Shutting down public places is bullspit

130,000 deaths. Can't even count all the people that are still sick ,weeks after it's run it's course.

We need better leadership during these times and we have a CLOWN for a President. We're not going to wish our way out of this. We shouldn't have rushed to reopen with the virus still raging. Now look where we are? Closing down again.

So what are you upset about?

So since you seem to be sooooo enlightened on how to fix the pandemic, what is YOUR suggestion since you think the President is fumbling it?

We will wait for your divine enlightenment.

I expect it will be the usual, all mouth and no substance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Mike D; 07-24-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

130,000 deaths. Can't even count all the people that are still sick ,weeks after it's run it's course.

We need better leadership during these times and we have a CLOWN for a President. We're not going to wish our way out of this. We shouldn't have rushed to reopen with the virus still raging. Now look where we are? Closing down again.

So what are you upset about?
                I seem to recall that we DID lockdown for MONTHS and still had that many deaths....so apparently lockdowns don't work by your logic.

Comment

It’s my prediction that all of this will drag on until right before election time and they will try to shut everything down again. I believe it’s all a long drawn out plan to help push the mail in ballots

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    So since you seem to be sooooo enlightened on how to fix the pandemic, what is YOUR suggestion since you think the President is fumbling it?

We will wait for your divine enlightenment.

I expect it will be the usual, all mouth and no substance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Well said Mike. C mon 2506.... were still waiting on your expert advice

Comment

Most Democrats advice in the early stages of cv19 are a180 from what they are now. The president has handled it about as well as one could do in the political climate we are in. He is ****ed either way.
                      He has backed off on some of his early positions or at least softened up on them now because the reality of the virus and how deadly it is compared to how deadly it was portrayed early on.
                      He realizes some people are still going to believe the hype and he is trying to balance everything for everyone's different perspective on it the best he can.

The problem is the media is distorting the situation and flat out not even covering his news conferences to help keep the lie going until the election.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                        It’s my prediction that all of this will drag on until right before election time and they will try to shut everything down again. I believe it’s all a long drawn out plan to help push the mail in ballots
                        Well at least somebody gets it

Comment

Come on Nov 3 ! I'm really getting tired of 50% or more of my diet being citrus fruits and vitamins. I'm ready for some meat and taters !

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Well at least somebody gets it
                            At the end of the day you just have to remember that the people trying to pull the wool over our eyes are idiots.. and idiots aren’t hard to figure out

Comment

All of our county maintained beaches in Cameron County have been closed during this fiasco thanks to Judge Eddie Trevino. This includes close to 26 miles of beach as well as Boca Chica Beach. But, the city of South Padre Island said, not so fast our city maintained beaches will remain opened. So, the resulting outcome was large numbers of people in much smaller areas! Should have seen the SPI Beach on the July 4th weekend, it looked like spring break out there packed with so many people. Meanwhile, miles and miles of beach closed to to the public because "it's not safe." Insanity!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm certain the MSM and CNN will take this as fact and run with it just to inflate the numbers. Of course they will leave out the important part that it was just an error.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X