No announcement yet.

Scotch Drinkers, got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just jump right in and get some Peat Monster.

Comment

What’s everyone’s sub $100 and sub $60 bottle recommendations? I’ve liked every belvine I’ve had and glenfiddich, Macallen I’ve liked most of what I’ve tried

Want to get more into scotch

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        What’s everyone’s sub $100 and sub $60 bottle recommendations? I’ve liked every belvine I’ve had and glenfiddich, Macallen I’ve liked most of what I’ve tried

Want to get more into scotch
        Can't go wrong with bunahabain 12

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

What happens when you try to pull a fast one on a Lagavulin lover. (Hint: it makes your friend who sent back that bottle of Chateaux Whatever because it migh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had tried Johnnie Walker Red, Glenlivet 12, and Glenlivet 15.

Glenlivet 15 is the only scotch I'd buy again.

I'd rather drink rubbing alcohol before tasking Johnny Walker red or Glenlivet 12 again.

My two Neighbors are self labeled scotch snobs. Glenlivet 15 is the bottom of their list to drink, but they both admit its good.

Comment

strathisla

Comment

To the OP go to a good bar that has a scotch selection and order a couple of 1 oz pours of differing scotches and try them. Also ask for a glass of water with a straw and after you have tried the scotch neat add a couple drops of water and see the difference. For a modest amount of money you will have a much better idea of what you like and won’t end up with a bottle of scotch sitting at home that you don’t like.

Comment

I’m a big Fan of Oban and Lagavulin

Comment

A good peat smoked scotch I really enjoy is Talisker 10 year. Some people say it's too peaty, but I enjoy it like no other.

Comment

Man all of these mentioned so far are fantastic Scotches. Another couple I like and are not too expensive is Famous Grouse, let me tell ya what, that bird does good work! Also like some Johnny Walker. Yeah its a blend but its dang good. Black, Green Blue, yum.

Comment

I had to give it up tho. I liked it too much.

Comment

Johnny Walker red,green,black or blue

Comment

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, Glennfiddith 14yr...both great IMO....
                            Monkey Shoulder is pretty good to try early-on
                            Laphroaig (10 yr) is my favorite 'peaty' whisky

You may want to go to Total Wine and buy several of those small (50ml) sample-sized ones....do a taste test

Best of luck exploring!

Comment

Oban. Love it. Gone through 4 bottles in the last 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                                Oban. Love it. Gone through 4 bottles in the last 12 months.
                                I hope you were drinking something else in the meantime or I may have a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X