Comment

Evening prayers sent

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

Praying for your son.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 35 update. Our day started off with some disappointing news. Emmett's leg began swelling and turning red, so the decision was made to remove the picc line and replace it. Any time you have to sign a consent form acknowledging the risk associated with a procedure, it's concerning as parents. We've had to sign this form 4 times now. After a worry filled 2 hours, we finally got a call informing us the procedure was a success. We need 13 days out of this picc line, as he'll then be done with his medication and can have the picc line removed for good! With premature babies, you always have to add "barring no setbacks." In addition to the leg, Emmett's face also had a little fluid retention. This was really tough to see, and said to be likely caused from the CPAP mask. As the day went on, the swelling did go down in his face. Emmett is struggling still with his oxygen requirements, as he's stayed in the 40% range all day. Hopefully tomorrow is better!

Krystal and I wanted to mention again how great Emmett's healthcare team is here. Every nurse, RT, neonatal doctor, and other staff has made us feel completely comfortable with them caring for our little guy. When you're stressed about the health of your baby, having a top notch healthcare team gives you a peace of mind.

So we had encouragement from many folks to enter a photo of Emmett to a contest hosted by Texas A&M. Submit a photo of your future aggie, and the picture with the most votes wins! We figured this would be fun, and considering how many people are following and praying for Emmett, we may have a chance of winning! We're coming in the game a little late, but we might be able to make up the difference before it's over. If you have a second, vote for our little guy in the link below. We would appreciate it! ADMIN APPROVED.

Thank you all for the continued thoughts, prayers and support.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 36 update. Another tally in the 'Good Day' column for us! Emmett looks so healthy. We feel like we can see his growth every day. Speaking of which, we are at 2 lbs 12 oz currently. 3 pounds is within arms reach now. Emmett's oxygen settings still remain a little higher than we would like to see, but it's keeping his O2 saturation in range so we'll tolerate it. Feeds are still going great, as Emmett was bumped up to 19 ml now and being fortified to 28 calories. Being a Friday, this means our little man is 5 weeks old now. Hard to believe we've been blessed as parents for that long.

So Emmett was able to "trick" his ride out today through a special gift from an extra special family member. Blankets are placed over the isolettes of babies to keep the inside dark and comfortable for them. I've mentioned in a previous post that the hospital provided a butterfly blanket for a cover, which I quickly axed and utilized an ATM blanket I had in lieu of the butterflies. The blanket was still too big and cumbersome, and all it took was for Doris Frits to hear this, and she went to work. I'll let the picture do the speaking here, but Krystal and I were so excited and thankful for this gift today! Best looking blanket on the floor.

Krystal and I are in shock over this photo contest I alluded to last night! Even with a two day head start, it only took two hours for you folks to boost Emmett all the way to first place! This is simply amazing you all, and put a smile on our face that showed bright all day. It just reaffirmed that Emmett has the best support cast that can be found. We can't thank you all enough!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep up the fight Emmett!!! God bless you all, and may the Lord bestow his blessings on you all.

JR

Comment

Progress! Prayers continue

Comment

Now this is the way to start a day and a week! Praise God for this miracle unfolding right before our eyes on the Green Screen!! You go Emmett!!

Thank You Lord Jesus for this miracle! Thank You for putting all this together and we lift up Emmett and his mom and dad to You for comfort and strength that is beyond limits, strength that is only possible through You Lord. We ask You Lord, strengthen those tiny lungs that Emmett will be able to grow strong and take away the infection in his body. We look forward to seeing this young one grow up as a powerful testimony to You Lord. We love You and we give You all the honor, power and glory, in Your powerful name Lord Jesus we ask and pray, Amen.

Comment

More prayers!

Comment

More prayers up for Emmet!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers continue up! Keep going Emmett!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Prayers up for more and more "Good Days"!

Comment

Continued prayer

Comment

Working...
                                X