No announcement yet.

Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued thoughts and prayers for Emmett!

Comment

Y’all are still in our thoughts and prayers. Hope all is well

Comment

I got behind again guys. Doubling up on updates. Thank you all for the continued prayers.

Day 33 update. Our day started as I imagine most every Americans did. A thought back 17 years ago to that awful day, reliving where you were and what your reaction was. Glad Emmett didn't have to see the pain and destruction mankind can cause that day. But if he had, he would have also seen a nation come together in prayer, and show just how great mankind can also be.

Emmett's streak of good health did not faulter with today. He continues to tolerate his full feeds well. Milk goes in, poop comes out. Doesn't get any better than that. The infectious control doctor finally came back with results of the sensitivity test of Emmett's fungal infection. They were able to take him off of the more harsh medication, and continue treatment with the more friendly medication. With Emmett's CPAP, they rotate between a full mask and prongs to make sure he doesn't have any skin break downs around his nose. Almost every time they switch to the prongs, Emmett sneezes! If you've never seen a 29 week old baby sneeze, you would be hard pressed to find something more cute than that.

There is still concern with the picc line. The vein housing the picc is still red and inflamed. The vein didn't seem to get worse today, so they are going to continue to monitor it. Emmett's oxygen requirements are still a little high for comfort, sitting around 40%. We really need to see that number come down.

As always, we want to thank you all for your support and prayers. T shirt sales have been through the roof. This is so awesome of you all. God has blessed with great friends and family to help see us through this tough time. He has also blessed us with a thriving baby boy!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 34 update. Pretty sure Emmett is telling God "thanks for the help, but I'll take it from here." Our little man continues to impress. Emmett put on 30 grams of weight today, jumping him up to 2 lbs 10 oz. He is getting noticeably bigger now, especially seen when holding him! The picc line is still in the same state. As long as it doesn't get worse, they will leave it be. As mentioned before, as soon as his treatment for the infection is over, we can remove the picc line for good.

The cardiologist came in today to discuss Emmett's echo that he had done this morning. Results were basically the same as before. Slight hypertrophy to go with a moderate - large open PDA. They are going to continue the course for now, allowing Emmett to keep gaining weight before trying to close the PDA again. Prayers helped close that PDA the first time, so I'll be queuing you all up when it comes time to close that PDA valve again!

We can't say it enough, so here goes again; thank you all for everything you've done, and for the continued thoughts and prayers! Krystal and I were talking today about the power of prayer, and how our prayers were continually answered for Emmett. God is great!

Comment

We’ll keep sending em up for ya

Comment

Great news! Knee mails sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God bless you guys. I am praying for y'all.

#EmmettStrong

Comment

Thanks for the update. Praise God & Bless Lil Emmett

Comment

Prayers continue for Emmett! LORD continue to Bless his parents, with patience and the strength and faith they need now.

Strengthen Emmett on a daily basis and give him going home strength with no need for help from the doctors. LORD, clear up all possibility of infections and let the good reports roll in.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Day 34 update. Pretty sure Emmett is telling God "thanks for the help, but I'll take it from here." Our little man continues to impress. Emmett put on 30 grams of weight today, jumping him up to 2 lbs 10 oz. He is getting noticeably bigger now, especially seen when holding him! The picc line is still in the same state. As long as it doesn't get worse, they will leave it be. As mentioned before, as soon as his treatment for the infection is over, we can remove the picc line for good.

The cardiologist came in today to discuss Emmett's echo that he had done this morning. Results were basically the same as before. Slight hypertrophy to go with a moderate - large open PDA. They are going to continue the course for now, allowing Emmett to keep gaining weight before trying to close the PDA again. Prayers helped close that PDA the first time, so I'll be queuing you all up when it comes time to close that PDA valve again!

We can't say it enough, so here goes again; thank you all for everything you've done, and for the continued thoughts and prayers! Krystal and I were talking today about the power of prayer, and how our prayers were continually answered for Emmett. God is great!

Outstanding news!!!

Comment

I'll keep on praying for y'all!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett

Comment

More prayers sent

Comment

Continued prayers for Emmett and your family

Comment