Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowfin Tuna - Offshore November / Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atthewall did you get my pm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM answered Dushon!

Comment

14 guys on this trip - hard to imagine this is only 2 nights of fishing. Boat limit of Yellowfin tuna, 3 per man. No limit of blackfin......which we use dozens as bait to target the bigger Yellowfin - chunking with circle hooks. A bunch of the vertical tuna are over 100 lbs. During this trip, there was a 20 minute period where some of us witnessed 200lb class tuna getting airborne. I had one fish on the bow hooked, that didn't stop and took me down into my reel over half deep before the hook pulled. It never stopped running and my reel holds 600 yards of 50lb test with the drag locked down at 32lbs. I'm glad the hook pulled....I was not rigged with a reel big enough for that fish - casting topwaters when it exploded on my bait. The boil was massive - big enough to stick an F250 in the center with room left on both bumpers.

The bite on top can be simply explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
          14 guys on this trip - hard to imagine this is only 2 nights of fishing. Boat limit of Yellowfin tuna, 3 per man. No limit of blackfin......which we use dozens as bait to target the bigger Yellowfin - chunking with circle hooks. A bunch of the vertical tuna are over 100 lbs. During this trip, there was a 20 minute period where some of us witnessed 200lb class tuna getting airborne. I had one fish on the bow hooked, that didn't stop and took me down into my reel over half deep before the hook pulled. It never stopped running and my reel holds 600 yards of 50lb test with the drag locked down at 32lbs. I'm glad the hook pulled....I was not rigged with a reel big enough for that fish - casting topwaters when it exploded on my bait. The boil was massive - big enough to stick an F250 in the center with room left on both bumpers.

The bite on top can be simply explosive.

I remember that trip! I think mine were 113, 96, and one in the 70's plus some blackfin and a few other assorted types. Ended up with like 170 lbs of boneless fish! Everybody i know ate fresh tuna!

Comment

Definitely on the bucket list, Rob!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
              I agree with Rob’s post but the Burnadell being the adult supervision comment...... where did that come from?!

Hell, its a group effort just keeping him in check.
              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
              Hey! I saw that, Shirley!!!

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              So it's $1000 per person plus all the other stuff or everything adds up to about $1000 per person? Catching a tuna would be awesome! Like others I doubt I have anything big enough to handle one though.

You need to just pull up your big boy panties and commit! I can meet you @ IH20 and Hwy 271 to loan you gear. Don't pass this opportunity to fish with the master salts and renegades!!! (It will cost you a few hundies more than $1000 though)

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              I’m in! I am in touch with Chuck to get my deposit paid. I don’t have gear, so will be depending on help in that dept.

Can’t wait!!!!!

And Randy, I hope you get your health issues straightened out ASAP!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Thanks for the good wishes, Bisch, and I'm glad you committed! You won't regret it (no ragrats!) I can also send some gear with Slew if he steps up and goes.

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
              Pm sent. I’m in!

Excellent!!! You WILL have an adventure with some crazy dudes!

When the fish are on, it can get fast and furious on deck!

Comment

I’m going to get some good pool poles and big leaf nets to Doug before you go.
                I think it’ll work great for catching live fliers.
                Hate missing this trip. By far one of my favorite times every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                  What time do you head out on the 13th?
                  Usually about daybreak.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                    Burnadell and breakfast.

What happens in the boat, stays in the boat right Burnie?

I certainly does, Cap'n!

Comment

If you need to get some gear to somebody Randy i can meet you on 59 when your heading to hunt. I HATE your not gonna be there! Not gonna be the same without you and Dale and a few of the others.

Comment

I’m in[emoji16]. Never been offshore before so I’m pretty excited. Any recommendations on motion sickness meds? ATW suggested Dramamine I believe. Curious as to what others use also.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                          I’m in[emoji16]. Never been offshore before so I’m pretty excited. Any recommendations on motion sickness meds? ATW suggested Dramamine I believe. Curious as to what others use also.

I’m very prone to seasickness. I go to the doctor and get the patch. I put it on the afternoon before the trip. Warning, it will give you cottonmouth big time but it subsides after the first day.
                          During the trip I sip on some ginger ale and nibble on some crystallized ginger if I start feeling nauseous.
                          So far I’ve never gotten sick on the 5 trips I’ve been on with these pirates.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            I’m very prone to seasickness. I go to the doctor and get the patch. I put it on the afternoon before the trip. Warning, it will give you cottonmouth big time but it subsides after the first day.

During the trip I sip on some ginger ale and nibble on some crystallized ginger if I start feeling nauseous.

So far I’ve never gotten sick on the 5 trips I’ve been on with these pirates.

So is that a prescription? I’ve never had motion sickness but I don’t want to throw up for two days haha. Just want to cover all my bases

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

I thought some of the guys felt weird due to dramamine on the trip. Get some more feedback before going that direction. I found it best to immediately go up top on the boat and plant my butt in a bean bag facing forward. The fresh air and ocean view for miles will help get you prepared for later in the trip when you have to move around and then sleep. Even had a few cold beers as the sun came up.

Stay cool and don't lay down.

Comment

Next year I'll be joining again and ill try to convince my brother again. Maybe rig up a net gun for those live flyers.

Comment

Working...
                                X