No announcement yet.

Mrs. Antlercollector’s turn to hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it’s been hard huntin so far. We got back yesterday and I sighted in the .17 for her. Then we went to the blind to bow hunt. It was windy and raining. We didn’t see anything. This morning it was 28 degrees and ice on everything! We still have a north wind blowing in with sleet. We saw 5 young bucks and a yearling doe. No kills yet. Well except for three coons last night. It didn’t take Wendy long to break in the .17. Killed 3 coons over in less than 3 minutes.

I don’t have signal at camp in Eldorado. I will update hopefully with good news when I can. She was cold this morning, but still ready to get something.

Oh, Jason Smart, you’re we’re right. I’m pretty sure we will be back at the Axis lease sometime this week. She’s already pouting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Well it’s been hard huntin so far. We got back yesterday and I sighted in the .17 for her. Then we went to the blind to bow hunt. It was windy and raining. We didn’t see anything. This morning it was 28 degrees and ice on everything! We still have a north wind blowing in with sleet. We saw 5 young bucks and a yearling doe. No kills yet. Well except for three coons last night. It didn’t take Wendy long to break in the .17. Killed 3 coons over in less than 3 minutes.

I don’t have signal at camp in Eldorado. I will update hopefully with good news when I can. She was cold this morning, but still ready to get something.

Oh, Jason Smart, you’re we’re right. I’m pretty sure we will be back at the Axis lease sometime this week. She’s already pouting.

LMAO!! Happy wife happy life!!

Nice work on the corn bandits. Don't forget to update the coon carnage thread when yall are done for the week.

Comment

It’s been rough hunting. We haven’t seen anything older than 3 1/2 year old Whitetails, and younger. We’ve sat through freezing wind, sleet, and snow only to head back to camp empty handed. The deer stand heater has been our friend the last couple days. It’s finally sunny and 52 degrees. We are giving Eldorado a break and headed back south to hunt Axis again tomorrow. Hopefully our luck will change.

Comment

Dang Jeff, those pics make me shiver!! I ain't NEAR that mad at 'em anymore!! Good luck to your bride in getting that big Axis. He's a genuine toad!! When you get home, I expect to see you add Griddle Axis steaks n taters to the Griddle thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Dang Jeff, those pics make me shiver!! I ain't NEAR that mad at 'em anymore!! Good luck to your bride in getting that big Axis. He's a genuine toad!! When you get home, I expect to see you add Griddle Axis steaks n taters to the Griddle thread!!

Lol sounds good!

We just can’t catch a break. It’s blue skies and 50 degrees in Del Rio, but 60 mph winds! So far only a 4 point Whitetail has come by.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I didnt realize the OP was so, welllll....aged?
              LMAO...

Continued luck .... y'all put something on the ground!

Comment

She sent an arrow. I’m headed her way. She was hunting alone.

Comment

Best of luck! Waiting impatiently!

Comment

Wendy got her first Axis!

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats!

Comment

Wow!! She stuck a biggun!! Congratulations to Ms. Wendy!!

Comment

Great Axis!!!!

Comment

Awesome congrats to wife. Enjoy your threads and hunts. Have to say I am very jealous as you hunt more than anybody on TBH. That’s a good thing. Keep after it! Good luck to your family!

Comment

Attagirl!! Heckuva axis and a bow kill at that! Congrats to the boss on a great accomplishment!!

Comment

That ain't an easy thing to do. Shoot a axis with a bow. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                                X