No announcement yet.

Q Honey Badger re-classified to SBR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they have finally caught on to the fact that no one is using stabilizing braces to stabilize anything except the firearm against their shoulder. This may be the beginning of the end for AR pistols. One of the next ones on their list to review has a SBA3 on it....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      VS how much biden is going to improve our 2nd how...by pissing & moaning about all the bumpy's you can no longer own?? Where does your tds help in my op??

You totally & solely carjacked & crapped all over my thread not adding any value to the conversation.
      Well my apologies to your internet thread.

What is your response going to be When/if braces get ruled as stocks and the thousands of owners of them get told to register them, destroy them, or become a felon?

The "it could be worse" mentality is what has got us where we are.

Y'all have fun.

Comment

When it came out, I thought the brace that Q chose for the honey badger pistol was blurring the line between “stock“ and “brace”. At that time the other options were things like the Sig brace and KAK shockwave, which are some of the worst brace designs now. They just sucked, and were only a slight upgrade to a slick buffer tube. Now there are a lot of better options available, like the SBA3 And CMMG “rip brace”. But, I feel like these are in the same category as the “Q” brace. It will be interesting to see what this means for braces like those, that are actually very functional when “misused”.

The ATF is fickle, and their tendency to reverse approval letters has made me wary of the whole “pistol” brace situation. Maybe some of the less functional designs are a safer bet, but who really knows?

No comment on the political turn this thread took. But, I will say: I think bump stocks are dumb, and I’m still 100% against them being outlawed.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          Well my apologies to your internet thread.

What is your response going to be When/if braces get ruled as stocks and the thousands of owners of them get told to register them, destroy them, or become a felon?

The "it could be worse" mentality is what has got us where we are.

Y'all have fun.
          I was extremely critical...they took a plastic accessory & turned it into an illegal firearm worthy of extreme condemnation since there is no proof they were used in the evidence of the LV massacre. It's done. We all know a good sniper with a bolt action could have caused more fatalities vs the ruse being fed.

Let's focus on this new debacle please.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            I was extremely critical...they took a plastic accessory & turned it into an illegal firearm worthy of extreme condemnation since there is no proof they were used in the evidence of the LV massacre. It's done. We all know a good sniper with a bolt action could have caused more fatalities vs the ruse being fed.

Let's focus on this new debacle please.

Yup. And anyone who thinks the ATF making up and contorting laws started with Trump hasn’t been paying attention. The only reason pistol braces are in question to begin with is because the ATF sees itself as a de facto legislature.

Comment

The only difference in that Q brace and a true PDW stock is a wrist strap. You play with that snake then get angry when it bites you. Ignorant. They should have stayed in their lane but Brittingham has never been good about that.

To follow that up I think the entire NFA should be repealed. And if you think a stupid stock is on Trumps radar at the moment then you’re a fool. Far bigger issues than defending someone trying to skirt around a long standing law. Whether we agree with it or not. You act like Trump can magically overule an entire branch of government at the wave of his magic wand.

Comment

Fast & Furious compared to the bumpy is an insult to ones intelligence in regards to comparing obama's 2nd legacy...the ignorance abounds as does the TDS.

So can Q simply start using the strap?? In their statement, it sounds like they got zero guidance if that's the simple solution.

Comment

Maybe if Trump wins and gets 4 years with no consequences he'll repeal the NFA?

Comment

That wasn't really directed at you, Clay.

More at the "Trump is God and can do no wrong" crowd.
                    Keep on voting Biden old timer. See how that works out for us

Tactical X
                    Cowboy X

Comment

I'm wondering why they singled out Q and not one of the bigger manufacturers that make braced pistols. Or maybe they did and Q is the only one that has spoken up.
                      They didn't single them out, they just got the first letter. This has been in the works. Several progun congressmen have been writing the BATFE asking them not to do this, so it's been in the works for a while. There will be a log jam to SBR AR pistols.

Comment

As further evidence, mind you this is from 2017:

Last edited by ultrastealth; 10-07-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Just the ATF being the ATF, reclassifying things left and right. Changing decisions for no reason and having the ability to do this and work unconstitutionally. Defund the ATF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                            Just the ATF being the ATF, reclassifying things left and right. Changing decisions for no reason and having the ability to do this and work unconstitutionally. Defund the ATF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Winner winner chicken dinner

Comment

Time for ATF to just let be whatever you want to call it and do away with the SBR BS. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. The AR is just legos for grown men.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                                Time for ATF to just let be whatever you want to call it and do away with the SBR BS. Just stupid, stupid, stupid. The AR is just legos for grown men.
                                That describes 90% of all laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X