Nightforce Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    Never seen or heard of Warne split rings not holding zero.
    Agreed. I've never had ANY rings cause zero shift as long as they were installed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
      Update. Contacted NF and they are convinced there is something wrong with the clutch system in the elevation turret. Sending it in today and they’re going to get it taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Had this same issue with my swaroski, had to watch a video to take it apart and adjust the zero.

Comment

Have you run the adjustments all the way up and down to see you have full range of adjustment? Sounds like the Zero Stop has you stopping short of zero.

Comment

Put it in Burris Signature rings and center the reticle using the inserts, a -20 and a +20 will get you 40 moa of adjustment up or down depending on how you arrange them.

Comment

Had the same issue on my swaro. It was the zero stop.

Comment

Never seen or heard of Warne split rings not holding zero.
                Use em all you want then👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  Use em all you want then����
                  Did you have some that slipped or moved?

I have used the Warne on some of my inexpensive hunting rifles but none of them have hard recoil. But if they do not hold it would be good info for me.
                  Last edited by Radar; 12-05-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I have used the Warne on some of my hunting rifles but none of them have hard recoil. But if they do not hold it would be good info for me.
                    I had a set that did. Thought it was a scope issue. Recoil was mild on a 284 Win with break. Swapped scopes on rifles same with the one I put on it and the one I pulled off held fine with regular mount rings. Threw them in the trash and all is well now. Don't know if it is all but, I wouldn't buy another set to try it either.

Comment

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
                      I had a set that did. Thought it was a scope issue. Recoil was mild on a 284 Win with break. Swapped scopes on rifles same with the one I put on it and the one I pulled off held fine with regular mount rings. Threw them in the trash and all is well now. Don't know if it is all but, I wouldn't buy another set to try it either.
                      I have Larue vertical split rings and Warne. I followed the torque specs and sequence when mounting them, never seen any problems, but I do not have them on any match rifles or custom rifles.

I have read on other forums of guys crushing scope tubes or marring up aluminum bases with Warne though. I just thought it was the guy over torquing.

I learned something new today and it was good info. I paid a lot of money for the Larue mounts.

Comment

I have used the Warne on some of my inexpensive hunting rifles but none of them have hard recoil. But if they do not hold it would be good info for me.
                        Yes, I have had a LaRue mount slip as well as a Vortex AR mount on my varmint .223 rifle that requires a zero before trusting it. There are several tests done (one by Frank at Snipershide) that link scope movement to vertical split rings with the center stud. Again, I’m not trying to force my opinion and if they work for you, run em!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          Yes, I have had a LaRue mount slip as well as a Vortex AR mount on my varmint .223 rifle that requires a zero before trusting it. There are several tests done (one by Frank at Snipershide) that link scope movement to vertical split rings with the center stud. Again, I’m not trying to force my opinion and if they work for you, run em!
                          Thanks.

Comment

Well good news is that nightforce fixed the scope. Ended up being an issue in the internals and they had to completely gut the reticle and put in all new parts.

Comment

Well good news is that nightforce fixed the scope. Ended up being an issue in the internals and they had to completely gut the reticle and put in all new parts.

[emoji1303]

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Sucks that it happened. I know how anxious you can get to play with new glass. Glad they made it right though!

Comment

Working...
                                X