No announcement yet.

2019 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was fixing to pull my traps but looks like unfinished business with the bandits. I have 1 trap left and will put it inside the chicken yard if they evade me tonight!

Comment

Got one more this morning - no pics as I left my phone at the house.

Comment

The bandits are smart, no show last night! Rebaiting and hope they show tonight.

Comment

Success, got 1 last night on the Dukes I put in the chicken yard! 580

Comment

Ole live trap and sardines worked again. This time at the lease by the camp house -581

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we've trapped the singles (at least 4) that have been ravaging my one corn feeder this year, haven't seen any on the cam lately, all of a sudden there are 3 on this set of pics! What gives, especially when the creeks are dry and its hotter than blazes?

Comment

Got 4 this weekend with Dukes and corn

Comment

Caught one last night at the ranch in a dog proof. Dry cat food with fish oil for a trailing scent.. Had both front feet in the trap.
                  There's a road that goes to the cabin that always has coon tracks on it, so put a dog proof on each side of the road and put a squirt of fish oil across the road from one trap to the other. I was hoping to get a double, but only caught one.

Comment

Drove up to the feeder behind the house and there were 3 scurrying up the tree at 430. Went back to the house, grabbed a .22, and picked them off out of the tree.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post

Drove up to the feeder behind the house and there were 3 scurrying up the tree at 430. Went back to the house, grabbed a .22, and picked them off out of the tree.
                      Nice! I tried to shoot one climbing up a tree last night with my pistol. Didn't find any sign I hit him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        Nice! I tried to shoot one climbing up a tree last night with my pistol. Didn't find any sign I hit him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                        Ain’t gone lie, took 6 shots lol. First one on one shot, second one took 3 shots, and last one two shots. Wasn’t easy shooting through the tree limbs

Comment

No new corn thieves to add to the list today, but I do have a funny story.

We had a bunch of relatives in from out of state this past weekend to celebrate a milestone birthday, my father turned 70 recently.

At one point during all of the conversations and catching up with the relatives I overhear my wife telling a group that I have been waging war on the local raccoon population this past summer and that I trap them and then beat them to death!!
                          Before I could jump in (because I was laughing so hard and spitting beer everywhere) my wife continued to say that she sees me leave the workshop with a white pipe in my hand when I go check traps and that is what I use to beat them to death with.

Seeing my relatives faces was priceless

I then jumped in to explain that the white pipe is a section of PVC pipe to reset the Duke's trap and that I have a Ruger SR22 in my pocket.

Another priceless moment was when one of my cousins found out that I am a Trump voter Good times!!

Comment

6 with Dukes dry cat food with a few drops of menhaden oil.

Total 595

Comment

had to put a move on him but got one with the pickup this morning driving into the plant.....got a dozen new DPs ready to break in next week as well

If truck counts....596

Comment

Lucky me 598

Would you look at this, how lucky am I? They just sat there and watched me whack them. Never tried to run. 598
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X