Feeding in for other people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeding in for other people

Have a few guys on our lease wanting to pay the lease manager to fill their feeders year round for them. Anybody have insight as to how much to charge them? Does it vary depending on geological location? We've filled feeders for people in the past but just as a favor a few times and they did the same for us, but now this is something on a larger scale that we have not dealt with before.

I guess it depends how bad you want to do it/not do it. Are they rich, or just lazy?

What would it cost them to drive out there, fill it, and drive back? That plus 20% is where I'd start.

Comment

I don't think they'd be the kind of people I would want on my lease. Do they show up for work weekends? Then again, maybe they wont show up to hunt either.

Comment

If they are elderly or disabled it’s one thing. If it’s laziness the price goes up dramatically IMO.

Comment

$125 hourly rate, 2 hour min. Then add drive time on top. plus fuel and 40% markup on the cost of corn whether they buy it or you do.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
            $125 hourly rate, 2 hour min. Then add drive time on top. plus fuel and 40% markup on the cost of corn whether they buy it or you do.
            They’ll be out next week filling their own feeders !

Comment

I would maybe suggest they pay for the feed yours included and you fill up the feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                They’ll be out next week filling their own feeders !
                Good.

Comment

I would make it painful enough x2 that they would come fill their own feeders.

Comment

Well I dont know what the age or disability status is of these guys I've never met them, lease manager called me for advice so I figured I'd ask on here.

Comment

We fill each other’s. Never ask for anything. Im married with three boys. My brother in law is married with three kids. Our schedules don’t sync.

Comment

For me it would be at least enough to cover the cost of my feed and fuel. You’re going there anyway, might as well make it mostly free in materials for you. Of course if they have 750 lb feeders and yours are 200lb feeders it would be different.

Comment

I’d just say no and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had guys on our old lease that just truly would rather pay someone to fill them than to drive out and fill them. Ended up just filling theirs and they bought all the corn, including ours. Worked out perfect. They didn’t have to drive out, and we got our corn bought.

I’ll fill one for anyone no questions asked, for nothing in return, but this was every time over 1-2 years, so that’s what we came out with.

Comment

Must be some of my lease mates on your lease!!

Comment

Working...
                              X