Divorce Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce Questions

Need some advice from the green screen. My wife has decided she wants a divorce. Weve been married almost a year and been together for 6+. Have a house with her as coborrower and her new jeep with her as a coborrower. My truck and boat is in my name only. She isnt living in the house with me so im wondering what is the process of this as she hasnt filed yet. She doesent make much money and wouldnt be able to afford anything other than her car. Im looking for advice on this situation

I have no advice but I’m praying for you both!

Comment

Prayers sent up high.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

If no kids together, and only one year together, cut your losses and get out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
          If no kids together, and only one year together, cut your losses and get out of there.

^^^^^^^
          This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shouldn't be hard with only 1 year together. If he tow of you can agree on how o split any debt and assets it will be painless.

Comment

Only advice I’ve got is to keep your busy or else your mind will become overwhelmed and it’s not healthy.

Seriously, make yourself do something every evening and every weekend for a couple of hours to keep busy. Drinking, surfing the internet, watching TV, etc. is not what I’m talking about. Workout, chop wood, play fetch with the dog, meet up with buddies, whatever it takes to not let your mind wander.

The first few months suck but it gets better.

Comment

Prayers Up & get the best lawyer you can[preferably a mean female one], especially if it looks like it won't be amicable.

Comment

PM me

Comment

Anything that you purchased during the marriage is 1/2 hers, regardless of whose name is on it. and she will want it.
                    Any debts or bills either of you incurred during the marriage are 1/2 yours, regardless of whose name is on it. and you will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                      PM me
                      pm sent

Comment

Good luck Brother and I will be praying for you!! Great advice about staying busy doing outside stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Prayers Up & get the best lawyer you can[preferably a mean female one], especially if it looks like it won't be amicable.
                          Man, hate to hear. My advice would be completely opposite. See if you can work everything out without racking up a bunch of legal fees.

Comment

Watch out don't let her run up a bunch of credit card debt. Happened to a friend of mine and he had to pay them. Watch your bank account too it will be cleaned out too. Happened to my nephew.

Comment

Thankyou for all the help. I hope this isnt as painful as some. At this point she doesent seem to want anything other than her car. Can you do this without getting lawyers involved?

Comment

Working...
                              X