No announcement yet.

Bowhunting with FFF Safaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I am getting my hunters out of the blinds and taking them on a wildlife photo session in the Pilaansberg Park, there is so much more to hunting to be experienced than sitting in a blind.
    Today we hunt the Big 5 with the cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
      Today I am getting my hunters out of the blinds and taking them on a wildlife photo session in the Pilaansberg Park, there is so much more to hunting to be experienced than sitting in a blind.
      Today we hunt the Big 5 with the cameras.

should be a great trip. I've done that. Photo safaris are fun, just not quite as much as shooting them with the bow . Post up some camp pics. Especially of the food . Love the grilled meat over there. Can't wait to get back and have a Castle and grilled Kudu.

Good luck to the hunters.

Comment

Yesterday’s trip was great with the highlight an big elephant bull walking past the car at 4 yards[emoji85]

And a photo of me and my girlfriend that made all the delicious food

Comment

This morning we are in one of the pit blinds again and its been very busy from early on.

Kudu bull came in and came and stood 5 yards from the hide and walked past so close I could have slapped him on the bum

Great looking Nyala bull

Sorry about the poor quality of the photos used the IPhone while in the hide,

Now we wait for impala or blue wildebeest to come in and drink...

Comment

Quick draw shot at a blacked backed jackal, happened so fast did not even press record.

Hair flied on the shot, waiting for last light and those sneaky big Blue Wildebeest to cone and make a mistake then we will go check on the jackal

Comment

Nice.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

This morning we are off to a quick start with Impala coming in 30 odd minutes after we are in the hide. As the last day of a hunt should start

Robert sent the Valkyrie on its way and it hit the ram perfectly quartering away sending the ram on a death run, pumping blood all the way.

Wind changed and I called in the truck, stopped at camp for a quick coffee and got into another hide better situated for the wind conditions.

It was again not more than 20 minutes and we have three nice Impala relaxed around the hide.

Great decoys for the blue wildebeest and warthog we have left on the hit list...

Comment

Did you get the beest and hog?

Comment

Good morning,

Been busy the last few days.

a Big Blue Wildebeest bull came in just before light become too bad for shooting.

Unfortunately the animal moved at the shot and the arrow hit 1.5 inches low, started off with a good blood trail but as it became dark the blood became less and less.

The tracking team followed the bull for probably 2 miles in the dark in the thick brush found the last spots of blood and had to call it.

Not a nice way to finish the hunt but if you hunt long enough you will know things goes wrong sometimes and you wound and you need to do your best to find the animal.

I have no doubt that the bull will survive and once I have the video edited of the hunt I will share it here.

Monday we visited the Marekele National Park.

Yesterday was the travel day with a drive north to south again through the Pilanesberg Park with close encounters with elephant and white rhino, taking the trophies to the taxidermy and visiting a shop to buy trinkets before I treated then to the final traditional meal and dropped them off at the airport.

Just to give you an idea of the quality of the kudu and other sculls.

Comment

Looks like a grand time for sure!

Comment

The YouTube video is finally up

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

great hunt and great video

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post