No announcement yet.

Diverticulitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if it becomes infected and the antibiotics don’t work after the Ten days .then you might have to see about getting the surgery done is what I have understood from my Dr .I have had to be on the antibiotics three different times and it has seemed to clear it up for awhile each time . But it is back now but must not be infected because I’m not running a fever yet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I suffer from it. The only thing I have to steer clear of is popcorn. Last time I ate it I thought i was going to die.

Comment

When I have a flair up I take some olive oil and it takes care of the problem
        The first time I didn't know what it was. Now when I feel it coming on I take a couple spoons of olive oil and that takes care of the problem. a lot better than surgery and don't go to far from the bathroom after you take the olive oil

Comment

I had the surgery a couple of years ago. This was after numerous flare ups and hospital stays. I basically didn't have an option. Recovery was a lot tougher than i thought, but it was well worth it. Luckily, i didn't have to have a colostomy bag.

Comment

Thanks to those looking at a natural 100% plant based approach to this issue. Your pm’s have been returned.

Comment

My Dad just got out of the hospital because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

PM's returned...

Comment

Get it cut out.. Don't mess around with it.. I messed around with mine and almost died. Well actually I only had 2 or 3 bad flare ups over a couple of years... Mine eventually ruptured and LET ME TELL YOU THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW PAIN until that happens... It felt like someone ran a dull piece of 3/4 inch rebar through my gut, belt buckle high.. The pain was so bad I was hallucinating..

Long story short I spent a total of 35 days in the hospital with NO food or water, strictly fed and watered through IV, and then had a foot of my colon removed.. The only good thing was a lost 45 lbs.

Popcorn, seeds and nuts are bad but Jalapeno seeds are the worst because of the acid they contain..

Comment

2014 I had a bad infection and it felt just ttaxidermy said. A rod going through your gut. I haven’t had anything like that since. I know what can’t eat and haven’t eaten it since then.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Get it cut out.. Don't mess around with it.. I messed around with mine and almost died. Well actually I only had 2 or 3 bad flare ups over a couple of years... Mine eventually ruptured and LET ME TELL YOU THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW PAIN until that happens... It felt like someone ran a dull piece of 3/4 inch rebar through my gut, belt buckle high.. The pain was so bad I was hallucinating..

Long story short I spent a total of 35 days in the hospital with NO food or water, strictly fed and watered through IV, and then had a foot of my colon removed.. The only good thing was a lost 45 lbs.

Popcorn, seeds and nuts are bad but Jalapeno seeds are the worst because of the acid they contain..
                      That is what I am afraid of if I don’t have the surgery. I know a lady who had a rupture and she died as a result of the infection.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                        That is what I am afraid of if I don’t have the surgery. I know a lady who had a rupture and she died as a result of the infection.
                        Yep. I became septic myself.
                        What happened was that after mine ruptured the excruciating pain was gone within just a few minutes. Actually it completely quit hurting. I thought to myself "what the hell was that and why did it hurt so bad and just quit hurting"!!
                        That night I was running a low grade fever, the next day (Saturday) it was 102.
                        By Sunday it was 105, the pain was back and my abdamine was beginning to swell and at that point I realized what happened and that I was in deep trouble. When I reached Methodist hospital in Houston the Dr's gave me a 50/50 chance of survival. I was 41 at the time. A man in his early 50's died of the exact same thing while I was in the hospital. He was on the same floor.

I've been good ever since. Not 1 issue other than a insisional hernia twice!!!
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 06-14-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

All pm’s returned.

Comment

Get it fixed asap. A severe flare up diverticulosis that turns to diverticulitis can kill you if not treated. I had a flare up a few years ago that put me in the ER. Had to quit some things that I loved to eat. Japalenos are a no no for me now and anything with psyllium in it. Some nuts are out too.

Comment

Working...
                            X