X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    2 boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am with Dale on this if Money isn't an object.

Comment

24' Islamorada

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
        Enough to buy any boat on the market. Old money, hard worker with the right last name and no siblings.
        Skip the bay boat.

He needs a yacht. First stop Miami. The only additional accessories should bikinis from yacht groupies.

If this plan doesn't work for him i'll send him my bank's routing number.

Comment

Well if he's loaded why not buy a 24 ft yellow fin.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Well if he's loaded why not buy a 24 ft yellow fin.

He looked at those and the Contender bay boat which is similar. The Yellowfin has cruise control . The Simmons is also insane, but I'm not sure the hull is built for what he's going to use it for.

Comment

I'm assuming y'all will be leaving out of Sabine, and no offense to any of the mid to lower coast guys but they have completely different needs than we do. I fish several times a year with my buddies from Port Oconnor to Port Mansfield and they all run Shallow Sports and Haynies, and while those are great boats they don't get the same chop we get around here.

If I had the money to get any bay boat I could, I'd go with one of the Tritons or Rangers, or even skeeter and champion used to make a heavier framed hull. It's not the offshore looking hull, it is still looks like a bay boat. As also said, the pathfinders are great boats but can be just as wet as some of those shallow sports, so if I was going that route I'd go with the 26 foot pathfinder. The yellowfins are insanely nice but you are gonna pay for it. Also take a look at the Sportsman boats, they are pretty nice too.

Comment

Nothing but love for my new Nartic Star 244XTS. I didnt buy the top as I need to pass under bridges
                Click image for larger version

Name:	boat - Copy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	24583011

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	24583012

Comment

Money no problem? Do it all? X3... close thread..

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                    I'm assuming y'all will be leaving out of Sabine, and no offense to any of the mid to lower coast guys but they have completely different needs than we do. I fish several times a year with my buddies from Port Oconnor to Port Mansfield and they all run Shallow Sports and Haynies, and while those are great boats they don't get the same chop we get around here.

If I had the money to get any bay boat I could, I'd go with one of the Tritons or Rangers, or even skeeter and champion used to make a heavier framed hull. It's not the offshore looking hull, it is still looks like a bay boat. As also said, the pathfinders are great boats but can be just as wet as some of those shallow sports, so if I was going that route I'd go with the 26 foot pathfinder. The yellowfins are insanely nice but you are gonna pay for it. Also take a look at the Sportsman boats, they are pretty nice too.
                    That is kind of the concern for him, which is the purpose of me creating this thread. Wants to make sure he's got a grip of everything available, and then figure out which is going to be best for him. There are several on this thread neither of us had heard of before this thread. A

Comment

I like my Ranger 22 ft fished Sabine for 12 year's in it now it's a crappy boat

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Agree, not sure some of these posters know what it is.. Just read shallow sport and think 'wet ride'.

Comment

I'd tell him go see John Turner and check out his boats. https://turnerboatworks.com/

I like Haynies and Trans as far as quality and fishability goes. He should definitely look at the 24 XLR8, 240 Tran Cat, Haynie 23 Super Cat and the Haynie 25 Magnum. He might also take a look at the 25' JH Outlaw, I like them alot too. They have a ton of fishing space, run fairly fast and will run very shallow. That pretty much sums up my short list of hulls I like.

I don't care for the Dargel cat, too much wasted space. It has a monster big console and not alot of fishing space for the size of the boat. The Shallowsport X3 is a huge boat and would probably be worth a look if he feels like he needs something that big.

Comment

0r the 26'

Comment

Bayboat debate.

X3....for a “do everything” boat. Pricey though.

Last edited by CastAndBlast; 06-11-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                X3 handles rough water well, and isn't a wet riding boat? That's a new one that seems to have his interest with all the love on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X