Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much $ do you need to live comfortably?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much $ do you need to live comfortably?

50-75k

75-100k

100-125k

125-150k

150-200k

200-250k

250k+

6 mil..and I should be good

Comment

Me or my Better Half ?

Completely different hemispheres, lol.

Comment

Living comfortably is way to open to interpretation.....

Besides I'm really beginning to question this American concept of comfort and beginning to explore Theodore Roosevelts concept of a "strenuous life" and the concepts of the stoics

Comment

A year? Combined or each if married?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Besides I'm really beginning to question this American concept of comfort and beginning to explore Theodore Roosevelts concept of a "strenuous life" and the concepts of the stoics
            TR the millionaire? It's easy for people who don't have to worry about money to talk about not focusing on it

Comment

$1,000,000 a day will do.

Comment

your comfort does not come from the amount of income you have - it comes from the amount of DEBT you have. PLENTY of folks out there that fall in the 50k-75k income range that are very comfortable and PLENTY of folks out there that fall in the $250k+ income range that are FAR from comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Agree I can live comfy on a mere 250k a year... But I've never been able to convince someone I'm worth the money. I see comfy as having a house I can afford to own , food, money to buy clothes, a reliable car, not a new one etc. Eating out maybe twice a month, being able to afford gas money and bait to the coast when I want to a kayak to fish instead of a boat hunting public land instead of a lease etc etc. Good fun and doing the things you love just doing it the basic way. Walk instead of side by side etc. Being able to afford to not work 7 days a week

I bet we could do that in the lower bracket maybe less. I know my parents got by on less than average single income for a bout 2/3 of my life living at home when I was young and I was never uncomfortable or knew any different . I do alot of things I love that cost alot more money but could live on less than I do now for sure

I know when I moved into my first place I was making around 37k I'm not sure exactly but was less than 40. I lived the good life then as well but just a little different still did all the things I loved
                  Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 07-13-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    your comfort does not come from the amount of income you have - it comes from the amount of DEBT you have. PLENTY of folks out there that fall in the 50k-75k income range that are very comfortable and PLENTY of folks out there that fall in the $250k+ income range that are FAR from comfortable.
                    Truer words have never been spoken. We started out behind the 8 ball with well over six figures in student loan debt, the payment is more than our mortgage. Thank god we make pretty good money but we will be a whole lot more comfortable when that debt is paid off.

Comment

Comment

living within our means. Never could be happier, (well, cabin on the lake with 500 plus acres would be a little better)

Comment

too many different variables, I was making it by living off 36.4K for a few years, comfortable? kind of, not really but doable

Now im double that and I would definitely say im a lot happier just due to the fact that im not stressing out about being able to pay bills now, and also dropped the dead weight relationship.

So I would say right now a single guy in his mid 20's, im comfortable making 75k annually (fluctuates since im 100% commission) but thats about it on average. I can pay all my bills and do just about anything I want without having to count pennies before considering it.

Now for me personalyl to consider myself 100% comfortable in any financial situation, I need to grind out and get to where im making 90-120 consistently. Definitely possible in my current position but I just need to be more consistent

Comment

Family of four living in the 50-70 range right now. We are doing just fine. We travel, I hunt, and the kids in are in ton of extra curricular activities this summer. We are working our butts off to get my wife through school and part of our income is student loans. We have a plan, don't overspend and in the next couple of years we should be doubling our income. I feel like we live pretty good. Can't complain.

Comment

This is the truest thing I have read in quite some time. When the oilfield went toes up I got caught up in it. When it came back around I didnt want to go back, took a 100k a year cut and we are living perfectly comfortable. Of course I used all my oilfield money for my wifes dental school so I didnt have all the cool boats and pickups back then either. So with combined income we are fine, do I want a $60k new diesel truck? Of course, but my 30 yr old square body is just fine and no payment.

The second or third bracket fits us fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X