No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dads been hunting my stand since I shot big boy last weekend and hasn’t seen much since.

Well tonight he was back in my stand so I went to his. He saw four does and, well, I saw a big 8 with a mule deer kicker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6B18C683-8693-4878-87AA-4AD88D9016BC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	24559772

Comment

Well my buddies dropped two big boys in Illinois this evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
        I am in Saturday all day. Drive Texas says 3478 bridge over the Trinity is open anyone know for sure. Been taking the long way around.

Any confirmation of this? My son is headed that way

Comment

My shooter showed back up last night at midnight!!! Haven’t seen him in a week [emoji120][emoji2533]

Comment

It's oddly quiet this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              It's oddly quiet this morning

I’m still getting steady 10mph winds [emoji849] nothing yet had a deer blow this am about 45 mins before light so we’ll see I’m in till lunch

Comment

Well we rollled into camp after midnight after the football game and loading everything up. Wife decided she was sleeping in and sure enough a legal 9 point came through first at 50 yards then again at about 35. No monster but would of been a heck of first deer.

Comment

Here in liberty county haven’t heard any shots and haven’t seen a deer yet . Will hunt till noon.

Comment

Comment

The wind has really picked up

Comment

Slow morning in Jasper county. This little unicorn made an appearance though.

Comment

So now I feel kinda dumb. I took my daughter Tuesday after school to the set up I made for her. And within 10 minutes the buck I THOUGHT was “Baby Huey “ came in. Of course she wants to shoot it and I don’t blame her although he is incredible as a young buck. Well she gets in the trigger TWICE and he turned on her. Never offered a good shot (at 40 for a few minuets). When he left out he walked by camera. When we left we snuck out and didn’t disturb anything. I rebaited it at noon today and pulled the card..... completely different buck (though he looked bigger in person).... she was 1/10 second from killing a great 10 (bigger than Baby Huey). Ain’t seen him before or since

This is 38 acres and I can’t keep track of all the bucks. It’s honestly non stop daylight movement there..... I’m hunting 115 acres of once prime thicket with a monster in it... and since fly by night oil company started “working “ I have not seen a deer with my eyes since September

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Had a good 15 minute shower just pass through....I’ve got a good feeling about this afternoon

Comment

Get r dun! Good luck

Comment

I’m settled in. I really enjoy God’s A/C. Cool weather makes for a good mood.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X