• Show
Clear All

I'll be there next thursday-thanksgiving... at the other place now

Comment

Man that's a pretty sight there #15

Comment

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
        Man that's a pretty sight there #15

Thank ya. You can see the feeder down on the bottom. This is my favorite stand on this property just because of this view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Left side of the blind

Comment

Loved the Hill country but I'm glad after 10 years to be back in East Texas. East Texas is producing some big horns and 180lbs bucks. I liked the amount of deer in the HC but I dont thing they compare to east Texas. Good luck with yaw'ls hunt. Be safe...

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Rat View Post
              Loved the Hill country but I'm glad after 10 years to be back in East Texas. East Texas is producing some big horns and 180lbs bucks. I liked the amount of deer in the HC but I dont thing they compare to east Texas. Good luck with yaw'ls hunt. Be safe...
              What county are you hunting in?

Comment

Hunted in Burnet for 10 years, now in Zavalla. I really like it. Of course I do love the hill country and always will its beautiful there. If I could support all my hobbies i would live there. Ans whats funny when I left east Texas I said I would never go back but the 13 AR and deer management programs has made a world of deferents in the east. Just my thoughts.. I enjoy it

Comment

Guided a TYHP hunt last weekend between Harper and Junction and young bucks were already chasing around some. Older bucks not as much. Over this week that has changed and seeing all kinds of deer movement all through the day, especially today. Should be a good weekend for the taxidermists and processors....

Comment

the big cold front on Monday should really get things moving in the HC. I'll be getting in on Wednesday and pretty much be there till new years.

Comment

Well here was my weekend in a nut shell: the ten point we will let grow for a couple of years came in Friday and Saturday to the same stand and vacuumed up all the protein and corn from the spin cast feeder. Then today, came by and ate couple of kernels and kept moving. The axis were all in the field across the street from our place and I saw a couple here and there but when I thought they would be moving they weren’t and when I thought they would be bedded they were moving. Three or four days of forecasted freezes on our place and they should be on their feet this next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This guy had to stop and catch his breath from running after does all day. I’ve never seen as many bucks at one time like I did this weekend.

Comment

Yep bucks in Kimble county were definitely cruising this weekend. Some would get on a doe for awhile and dog around. About a week from now should be the hard rut when bucks are running all day.

Comment

Windy and cold in McCullough county this afternoon but saw several mature bucks on the prowl.

Comment

Any other updates? I’m rolling into Pipe Creek tonight. Looking forward to seeing what the camera has to show me!

Comment

Been hunting since yesterday morning. Seen light rut activity but no real chasing or anything. Hoping it means our shooters are beded with ladies not aleady Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X