Swine Brucellosis - Protect Yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan16 View Post

** On a side note.... how do you score a pig? Length of teeth?

Welcome to the only Trophy Wild Boar Record Books, where you will see the world’s largest wildboars ever tracked down! Did you Bag a Big Boar?Read about our scoring system and contact a scoring official near you. Do You have what it takes?Read over our rules to see if you qualify to rank yourself amongst … Continue reading Home →

In developing a fair and simple method to score wild boars, we focused on the basic and most popular characteristics that all hunters look for in a trophy or “record book” wild boar. These two attributes are body weight and tusk size. We developed a scoring system to rank wild boars that gives both characteristics … Continue reading Scoring System →

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      I get made fun of...

C’mon Jeff, you think it’s for the gloves... lol!!! I kid I kid!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems useful if you already have a cut, but they aren't knifeproof...

Comment

I wear Tiger Paw gloves. I buy them off the Matco Tool Truck.that stops by the shop.

Guys give me a hard time. I ignore them the best I can

Comment

i try to always wear gloves when cleaning game animals (minus birds). i don't always remember or have them available.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
              ****..hate to hear. I'll continue to let the buzzards clean them for me.
              Agree 100%

Comment

Thank you for the heads up, that's horrible what he's going through!

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks !

Comment

I always wear gloves when cleaning wild game..
                    Take off the gloves when done and have clean hands to drive back to camp

Comment

YES!!

Always wear gloves because I don't like the blood or fat on my skin. Two years ago I learned to use a cut resistant glove, too!

I was cutting up a young hog and the knife slipped, slicing my thumb on my left hand (I'm right handed.) I was so worried about swine brucellosis, I went straight to the hospital. Guess what? Not only can they NOT test for it that soon, they cannot do anything about it until you test positive. If you test positive, there's no cure!

While my husband drove me home, I used my good hand to order cut resistant gloves from Amazon for $11 / pair. Get you some! I only wear it on my left hand, covered with a Nitril glove and it is well worth the insurance. Plus, those dern stitches cost me $500!

Comment

I snagged several boxes of gloves when my fiancé and I were staying at the hospital when our daughter was born a few weeks ago! The nurse said we could take any supplies we wanted out of the room and I knew I would put those to use at the deer lease

Comment

Working...
                        X