Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Buddy Gas heater

the smaller round model.

Anyone use this in your box blind and how do you like/dislike it?

You will be turning it off after a little while if you keep the windows somewhat closed. They work pretty good in my opinion. Last year when it snowed in the Hill Country I used one in a 4x8 blind and it was nice and toasty all day long.

Comment

I have the bit buddy heater in my 6'x8' box blind and it works great. Usually turn it on high for a few minutes to knock the chill out of the blind and then have to turn it to low or off so I don't get hot. I'm sure the little one would work just fine.

Comment

Ali....It probably won't work for your super duper smart much more challenging public land deer but it will be fine for private land deer...they are too dumb to know any better.....or so I have been told..

My dumb deer are fine with the Mr Buddy Portable in 4 - 6x6 blinds. That cheaper sunflower looking job should be fine too.
        Last edited by Smart; 11-08-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

awesome feedback as usual
          Come ON cold weather

Jason, I bought the smaller one, not for the price, but because it's smaller and easier to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
            Come ON cold weather

Jason, I bought the smaller one, not for the price, but because it's smaller and easier to carry.
            It'll work just fine

Comment

I have one and it works fine in my 4x4 box blind. Works better if I keep the windows closed, but I put it between my legs and it keeps my core pretty toasty. Now, on 10-15 degree days, I wish I had a bigger one to keep me warm.

Comment

Come ON cold weather

Its an absolute game changer. Well worth the money and has no impact on the game you see.

Comment

I use one in a 4x4 blind with 2 windows open and have to turn it off frequently. I have had deer 50ft away from me while it was on and no issues.

Comment

We have one for most every blind at our place. They are legit. I melted my muck boots one morning napping. I bought some adapters I saw on my phone, that you can put on your white 5 gallon butane bottles and refill your little green bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      I bought some adapters I saw on my phone, that you can put on your white 5 gallon butane bottles and refill your little green bottles.
                      I've seen those, do they work well? I think Walmart has them now too..
                      Last edited by ATI; 11-08-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I have the medium size one and if your not careful you will be in your underwear before you know it. It will absolutely burn you out of my 8x8 blind.

Comment

If it’s below 30° you will find yourself wanting the regular sized buddy heater. Unless your blind is really insulated well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Its smaller but imo not easier to carry assembled.

We leave ours in their blinds so no worries about carrying....over 11 years we've managed to come across enough of the $49 refurb or clearance deals to put one in each of our blinds with 5 gallon propane hookups and filters. Well worth the money all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Its smaller but imo not easier to carry assembled.
                              I leave a couple of the small propane tanks in the blind and only carry the head unit and assemble there, definitely easier. Other people have been seen around there and I don't want it to be stolen.

Comment

Working...
                              X