No BETO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    For those that keep saying this was close, it was because of the candidates and not the parties. Abbott won easily by double digits because he is well liked and his opponent was bad. Cruz barely won because he turned a bunch of Trump supporters off with how he initially handled losing to Trump and his opponent was very charasmatic which seems to matter to a bunch of folks these days. Texas is not close to turning blue in the Senate.
    This is correct. Even Chuck Todd (who I can’t stand) said this race was only close because it was Cruz vs Beto. “If the Republicans had a more likable candidate it wouldn’t have been a close race no matter who the Dems brought”.

I am really surprised that Sessions lost up here in Dallas though

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      The issues will continue regardless of who has the house or senate unless they have both and it's by a substantial majority.

On immigration: we just witnessed the Republicans fail miserably while the Dems had their chance with Obamer in charge and they did not pass any significant legislation that would address any of the issues.

More importantly on health care: once again the Repubicans failed miserably and obviously the Dems passed the ACA which is a failure but remains in place sinking health care into a bigger hole thanks to the republican inaction.

No matter what side peeps voted for, we need the legislators to work together. The price of health care and medication is astronomical. It will be the demise of this country unless special interest from those fields along with the insurance fields gets put in check.

Ding ding ding!!

The problem is they won’t work together because they have already started working on getting re-elected. Term limits...one term.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        This is correct. Even Chuck Todd (who I can’t stand) said this race was only close because it was Cruz vs Beto. “If the Republicans had a more likable candidate it wouldn’t have been a close race no matter who the Dems brought”.

I am really surprised that Sessions lost up here in Dallas though
        In Houston/Harris County, Democrats won all but one or two of the down ballot races, including judgeships. That is extremely disheartening. Fort Bend County, D's won almost all the races as well. Montgomery County, all R's.

The red team needs to do some serious exit poling and figure out why it lost so badly. I have a feeling I know why, but will wait for poling results to confirm my opinion.
        Last edited by WItoTX; 11-07-2018, 07:01 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Whew!

Comment

Do not be surprised if No Go Beto shows up in 2020 as a "White Obuttlick". Them Dems will prime him for that. He is just like Obuttlick, all talk and will not give his platform and lie like Obuttlick!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I am a firm believer the 17th amendment needs to be repealed, the state senate (Or however the state determines it wants to elect senators) should vote for its senators, and the people should no longer be allowed to vote for senators. And you need to be 26 to vote, or active duty or retired military to vote before then. People like Beto would not get far if that were the case.

Senators represent the states best interest, not the people of the state.
              And we have a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                Sadly, I think it's a matter of time before we get some important political offices filled with Dems in this state. TX is growing fast. The economy here is strong. It's a great place to live and work. More and more big corporations are fleeing their overtaxed, over regulated, very expensive states in which to operate and moving to Texas for greener pastures. Sadly, they so haul in all their liberal employees with them who come here and try to change this state into the very thing they fled when they left their sucky liberal Democrat run state. It makes ZERO sense. If they want that crap that clearly doesn't work, then why don't they just stay there and live it up in the land of governmental over reach?

Dang right, my friend.
                They're going to leave the places the don't like, come to "The Land of Milk and Honey" and try to make it like the craphole they left. Makes perfect sense..

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                  Fox is calling it! Cruz will get re-elected.
                  Thank you Jesus!
                  Beto may have lost the senate, but take a look at the effect on Houston. The longtime county judge Ed Emmet lost to a 27 year old who never attended a single commissioner court hearing. As a recent grab from Standford, she barely even lived in Houston since highschool.

Dems took all of the 59 judicial spots up for election. Houston is solid blue and the growing population and practice of straight ticket voting with have huge impacts moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                    Dang right, my friend.
                    They're going to leave the places the don't like, come to "The Land of Milk and Honey" and try to make it like the craphole they left. Makes perfect sense..
                    They shouldn't be allowed to vote at the state level, period.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Amazing Grace View Post
                        Hard for me to believe that he even had a shot in TX but I guess times are changing
                        Really! I agree. Republicans/Conservatives have a lot of work to do. Obviously some Conservatives stayed home.

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post

I like this one. Hahaha

Comment

Can we drive around today and whip everyones *** with a beto sticker on their car, or sign in their yard?

That'd be fun....

Comment

And this just in!

I need my safe space and counseling too!![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

So much for that ‘Blue Wave’ coming to Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X