X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea on post #25?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I would like to see closeups of the circled points if possible. Focused, with flaking visible if possible on both sides.
      Garguy, those are typical Deep South Texas points. I bet they are from webb county or neiboring counties. The angled teardrop shape is a desmuke and the triangles are either matamoros or tortuga depending on size, both can have concave and thinned bases. I literally have thousands of them from Webb.
      Last edited by Reelthreat; 07-10-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
        Any idea on post #25?
        Looks to be a darl.

Comment

Thanks Reelthreat. Classic or not, there is a wide variety in that frame and some of them are old. I would like a closer look. I see Tortugas in there. Look close and you might also see a Folsom.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
            Any idea on post #25?
            hard to tell with the stick and lashing. Its something middle Archaic.... Edit darl would fit.

Comment

Okay guys take a look at these two. I found these as a kid along the same creek about 100 yards apart. The one on the left is the first arrowhead I ever found. I've been staring at the ground ever since. I've never really known what they may be. These were found in Upshur county in east TX.
              Attached Files

Comment

hard to tell with the stick and lashing. Its something middle Archaic.... Edit darl would fit.
                Thanks.

Comment

Kickerpoint, Those are probably Yarborough. They both have a little bit of a Wilson look but I cant see grinding.

Comment

Kickerpoint, Those are probably Yarborough. They both have a little bit of a Wilson look but I cant see grinding.
                    Thank you sir. I felt like they were the same type or similar time period.

Comment

Close ups
                      Attached Files

Comment

More..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some I have IDed and will post for your reference... If anybody sees an error let me know.

From top group to bottom: top tortuga/matamoros, middle desmuke, and bottom is abasolo.

from top to bottom: perdenales, langtry, scallorn, toyah, perdiz, Williams, frio

Top golondrina, middle Plainview drill and bottom angostura

Comment

Great stuff snapper.

Comment

Great stuff Reel. A couple of those birdies might be Perdiz too. Also after looking at the close ups I concede the Typical south Texas stuff. I sure was wanting to see a clear flute and microflaking on that small one with the broke ear. Looks like there is a nice Early triangular in there though.

Comment

Great stuff Reel. A couple of those birdies might be Perdiz too. Also after looking at the close ups I concede the Typical south Texas stuff. I sure was wanting to see a clear flute and microflaking on that small one with the broke ear. Looks like there is a nice Early triangular in there though.
                                Thanks, I have been following your thread and it is absolutely amazing. It has gave me some good ideas on how to excavate my property (where the trans paleo stuff came from).

You never know what someone might stumble upon... A guy at work found this barber (at least I think it is) and they are one of the rarest points in Texas. He only has about 20-30 points total. It is ground down both side about an inch.

Comment

Working...
                                X