• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is some of my surface finds from this year

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Gargantuan. that's a Kerville knife.
      I don't think it is a kerville, they usually are very finely made and the one pictured is pretty crude. Also, the cortex end is larger than the blade and for the size of a kerville the blade is pretty thin.

Comment

This is just an handful from my wifes grandfathers collection. He lived in Corsicana but owned a junk shop and traded a lot for all of his adult life. Who knows where these came from. These are just the ones I have in my possession. The second skinny one is completely clear.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
          This is just an handful from my wifes grandfathers collection. He lived in Corsicana but owned a junk shop and traded a lot for all of his adult life. Who knows where these came from. These are just the ones I have in my possession. The second skinny one is completely clear.
          I hate to say it man but I believe those are all imitations. I know an old man in Corsicana that has personally made me some that look exactly like that

Comment

Hey dont feel bad. Thats why I posted them. All info is good info.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargantuan View Post
              I hate to say it man but I believe those are all imitations. I know an old man in Corsicana that has personally made me some that look exactly like that
              i found a bunch of points like these that were really small on an island in richland chambers lake years ago. about quarter size and really serated. i was told they were cerimonoial and bird points but i really dont know. they were lost in my house fire in 2010 so i dont have any pics. so i guess im lying

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                Here's some of what I found last weekend. Mainly tools/scrapers, pre-forms and brokes, but I am not sure what to call the point on the top row second from left with the broken base on one side. It's about 3.5". I'd guess it to be some kind of knife?
                Yes, that looks to be knife. Love that Langtry on top!

Comment

Originally posted by txnduckhntr View Post
                  i found a bunch of points like these that were really small on an island in richland chambers lake years ago. about quarter size and really serated. i was told they were cerimonoial and bird points but i really dont know. they were lost in my house fire in 2010 so i dont have any pics. so i guess im lying
                  That is a type of real point but on these notice how there is no wear or "age" to them

Comment

That is a type of real point but on these notice how there is no wear or "age" to them
                    Those are very nice works of modern art.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373493646.354003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	24218878

I found this one in Coupland back when I was little.

Comment

Do you happen to remember the guys name?

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Those are very nice works of modern art.
                        I havent seen the full collection. These are the ones my mother inlaw took out for us to have because the looked nice. I still need to get you out to look at it all. There just hasnt been a good time yet.

He may have been very busy. There are several rubber maid tubs full. I just havent seen whats inside.

Comment

I would love to see them. Probably a bunch of authentic stuff in there.

Comment

All surface finds in the past year...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Snappertapper, there are several of those I would really like a better look at. Also what part of the state? Please take a good focused closeup of the point on the top row far right. The yellow one.

Also the third point to its left. It is kinda bell shaped and pointing down.

Theres more interesting stuff but lets start with those.

Comment

Ok so I have a few I would like to know more about...bare with me for it might take a few to post up pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X