Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    Ok so instead of a bad decision it’s a horrible rule

These kids can never get this back. All you guys that complained about Covid shutting down sports, it’s the same thing. The kids have nothing to do with what took place and they are the ones being punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not the same.
    One was political overreach and the other is a school that cheated so they wouldn’t have to play tougher competition.
    Sucks for the Alto kids, but it’s fair for kids that actually belong in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      So do you punish the kids from the other school that would be kicked out of the playoffs whose school did nothing wrong?
      Exactly. You can't punish those other schools. It's called, the way it is.

Comment

Ok so instead of a bad decision it’s a horrible rule

These kids can never get this back. All you guys that complained about Covid shutting down sports, it’s the same thing. The kids have nothing to do with what took place and they are the ones being punished.

Not even close to the same thing. The Alto kids still get to play football. They just don't get to compete in the playoffs with the schools who are technically outside of their division. So, they play their schedule, but their record is essentially expunged. To the other teams in their district, their game with Alto will be considered a non-district game, the way I understand it.

I'm sure the folks in charge of reporting enrollment were well aware of how close they were to qualifying for one division or the other. Knowing so, their records should have been beyond reproach.
        Last edited by Duane; 08-06-2022, 11:34 AM.

Comment

By God....we will teach those kids!!!

Oh wait............[emoji849]

Comment

The worst of bureaucracy.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              By God....we will teach those kids!!!

Oh wait............[emoji849]

No doubt

Why did it take until the month before season to make this ruling before it’s too late to find a solution? They just now figured this out? Doesn’t matter how you slice this it’s the kids that played zero role in the error and are being punished

Why not just have the state withhold some funds? Then you literally punish the whole district Not just the kids that go the extra mile

Comment

No doubt

Why did it take until the month before season to make this ruling before it’s too late to find a solution? They just now figured this out? Doesn’t matter how you slice this it’s the kids that played zero role in the error and are being punished

Why not just have the state withhold some funds? Then you literally punish the whole district Not just the kids that go the extra mile

You are missing the whole point of the other kids being punished by being in the correct division…
                Is Alto ranked in the top of that division?
                Are you somehow affiliated with Alto?

Comment

Working...
                X