Caliche road ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caliche road ???

Is there anything you can spray on a new caliche road that will stop the dust from looking like the Dust Bowl of the 30's?

rain...

Comment

This is a funny thread already.

My two spring fed swimming holes are totally uneffcted by this drought

Comment

I can’t remember the name but they used it a lot in Fredericksburg… Top Coat maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          rain...
          Saw some years ago but forgot what year that was.

Comment

Found the solution just got to figure out how to get some.

Comment

Caliche road ???

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
              Found the solution just got to figure out how to get some.

So what is it ?? Besides rain !

Comment

yeah, please spill it...I can't imagine anything working with the weight / pressure of a vehicle being able to seal the surface long term, especially if you drive on it wet if it ever rains again this year.

We however do have a caliche pad in front of our trailer at the ranch & if I could rid the foot traffic of dust, it would be outstanding!!

Comment

The county usually sprays emulsified asphalt or a calcium chloride mix on the gravel detours to cut down on dust.

Comment

The stuff we used in Colorado when we lived there was magnesium chloride. Lab man was right with the calcium chloride solution instead of magnesium they use up north.

Comment

I topped my drive with C rock. It’s like square pea gravel. Then rolled it in. You can walk on it after a rain and still have clean feet. No dust.

Comment

I'm thinking of packaging mine into kilos....pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
                          The stuff we used in Colorado when we lived there was magnesium chloride. Lab man was right with the calcium chloride solution instead of magnesium they use up north.
                          Used motor oil when I was a kid. :-). Now have to use a chloride. Sure could use some rain.

Comment

Good grief.

Comment

When I lived in south Texas, I remember some counties putting oil on caliche roads, to cut down on dust.

Comment

Working...
                              X