PSA Bottle water shortage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    Interesting that OSHA feels the need to make sure that we know how to drink water properly. SMDH. Good luck finding it OP.
    Due to possible vindictive employee we must tape the lid close, date the tape, log the fill, and sign off.

Looking into watering stations that are OSHA approved.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Weird! Buddy gets them $20 a pallet.

Brought me a pallet of 20-25 cases of 40 bottles yesterday and he took the top 2 layers for himself
      $20 for 20 cases?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        for now
        I have been following that pretty closely for several years now. Mexicans are having lots of water issues right across the border.

Comment

Would be nice to be rid of all the plastic bottle waste. That is the upside..

Comment

OSHA has regulations on drinkable job site water? Just more proof government sucks

Comment

I bet we will find tons of pallets down at the border, like we found pallets of baby formula when Americans had a shortage.

Comment

Our delivery yesterday was minus all bottled water and canned water, this is the 3rd time .
                Told my wife we needed to fire sparklets and find a new company, looks like bottled and canned water is just in short supply

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  OSHA has regulations on drinkable job site water? Just more proof government sucks
                  Yup, the tape and seal rule is one that most GCs and employees want to see. Not a requirement. But here ya go.

1915.88(a)
                  General requirements.
                  1915.88(a)(1)
                  The employer shall provide adequate and readily accessible sanitation facilities.
                  1915.88(a)(2)
                  The employer shall establish and implement a schedule for servicing, cleaning, and supplying each facility to ensure it is maintained in a clean, sanitary, and serviceable condition.
                  1915.88(b)
                  Potable water.
                  1915.88(b)(1)
                  The employer shall provide potable water for all employee health and personal needs and ensure that only potable water is used for these purposes.
                  1915.88(b)(2)
                  The employer shall provide potable drinking water in amounts that are adequate to meet the health and personal needs of each employee.
                  1915.88(b)(3)
                  The employer shall dispense drinking water from a fountain, a covered container with single-use drinking cups stored in a sanitary receptacle, or single-use bottles. The employer shall prohibit the use of shared drinking cups, dippers, and water bottles.

Comment

You almost have to employ a water boy these days.

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                      Would be nice to be rid of all the plastic bottle waste. That is the upside..
                      That would be wonderful if there was an economical replacement.

Comment

Maybe be less crappy plastic in the waterways & everywhere from sorry people. just drink tap & put in your own container or water cooler. I was at one of the places I wade fish last week & it just made me sick to see all the plastic water & soda pop bottles on the ground. It wouldn't bother me one bit if the made it like bottles in the old days. Return for deposit & charge about a dollar a bottle deposit. MAYBE some would clean up.
                        Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-04-2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Maybe be less crappy plastic in the waterways & everywhere from sorry people. just drink tap & put in your own container or water cooler.
                          I agree!!

Tell your government that. They say its on me to water the employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                            I agree!!

Tell your government that. They say its on me to water the employees.
                            didn't know that. Just fill several ice chest with water & tell them here it is or bring your own.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              That would be wonderful if there was an economical replacement.
                              We got by just fine for decades before bottled water

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Be looking for bottled water prices increases. Creating a shortage is a good way to do that.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X