No announcement yet.

Best stands around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 Atascosa. A Krivoman and a mid range Texas Hunter Supply and a high end Texas Hunter Supply.

I don’t like the Atascosa windows. They are open or they are closed. The build quality is fantastic.

The Krivoman you can put anywhere with minimal tools. We rolled the last one 100 yards. You couldn’t get a mule or truck where we put it. I like the windows. Unlike the Atascosa you can partially close this window or that window to adjust for wind, shot or scent. Let a breeze in if your hot. Close one if it’s cold and a draft is killing you. It’s solid. But if your big like me it’s just gonna be you in there.

The Texas Hunter Supply high end for bow hunting is hard to beat. It’s huge. Adjustable windows. Never gonna rust. 3 times the price of the Krivoman. I looked at the ranch king. West Texas seems to destroy anything made of wood. I guess because there is no moisture. Chairs at camp. Old blinds, our little deck. Everything becomes brittle every so many years and starts cracking. The wood inside the ranch king worried me for the cost. I spent a lot on the Texas Hunter Blind. In fact it’s the only one I paid retail for and didn’t get second hand. I don’t regret it at all.

The lesser Texas Hunter Blind Is great also. Adjustable windows. Quiet. Seems like it will last forever. Really packable. If you don’t have alot of help or access is tough this one is hard to beat. I like it’s a 360 view. It’s the only blind we have that has a replaceable wood floor. But the panels the blind is made from look new like the day we got it. I’m the second owner and it’s probably 10 years old at least. I put a new floor and I expect that one will last 10-15 years.

Whatever you buy stake them blinds down. Once they start falling over they are never the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      This is what I chose. I think it’s the best option if you don’t want to spend $4-5,000+. The blinds are sturdy, insulated, lightweight and quiet. My group bought 3 4x6 blinds on 5ft towers from Big Dogg and we’ve been really happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
        This is what I chose. I think it’s the best option if you don’t want to spend $4-5,000+. The blinds are sturdy, insulated, lightweight and quiet. My group bought 3 4x6 blinds on 5ft towers from Big Dogg and we’ve been really happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tank blinds are the best blinds I have seen in person. They’re expensive but man they’re the real deal.

Comment

Man, for something you spend so little time in over the course of a year, these “hunting blind” prices are ridiculous. We’ve built almost every blind at our place and some of them are 6x8. Most of the materials have been from scrap lumber or repurposed from another project. They all are much nicer and quieter than most of the metal or fiberglass stands I’ve sat in at TTH or feed stores and at 1/10th the price.

So my answer is the best stand is the one you build.

Comment

dillon blinds.

Originally posted by Kas View Post
              No one likes Dillon blinds huh?

i love my dillon blind-- been parked in maverick county for over 10 years..wind got it couple of years ago just broke a couple of windows out, i put a coat of paint on it while it was on the ground. been a great blind.

Comment

Check out Lazyman stands!!

Comment

Best stands around?

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Man, for something you spend so little time in over the course of a year, these “hunting blind” prices are ridiculous. We’ve built almost every blind at our place and some of them are 6x8. Most of the materials have been from scrap lumber or repurposed from another project. They all are much nicer and quieter than most of the metal or fiberglass stands I’ve sat in at TTH or feed stores and at 1/10th the price.

So my answer is the best stand is the one you build.

I’ve bought 4 for our place over the last 9 years and it was worth every penny. It’s so nice not having to worry about wasps in the blind or mice. Replaced the last blind I built this past fall and I shouldn’t have waited as long as I did but wanted to get my money out of the one I built.

5x6 Ranch King
                  5x5 ASF
                  5x7 Lander Marine
                  4x6 Lander Marine

Switched out all my cameras will cell cams and in the process of switching out all feeders to 600lb all season. Just do a little at a time and when I can afford to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 08-04-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Krivoman for bow hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      Ranch King and Krivoman are the only blinds I will buy!

Ranch king is luxurious, spacious but extremely expensive. My 6x6 on an 8ft platform was about $5500. I'll get one more Ranch King this fall. Krivoman are awesome. I put them on platforms with carpeted floors and Muddy chairs. They are AMAZING. Will get getting more this next season. Very cost effective, well made and AMAZING customer service.
                      Agree with this fool here^^^^^
                      Hunted out of several different kinds over the years hunting and guiding and I will have to agree with Jmh05. The sky is the limit on this topic. Some of the others mentioned will customize what you want also but its only $$$$$$$$

As a more economic inexpensive version I bought some of the maverick 5 panel booner blinds because I am a tightwad. Cheaper than Krivoman and stout but not as stout as a Krivoman. Before I anchored them down there was a storm that blew them around a bit but didn't do anything to them. Plenty big enough for 2 people or even 3 if rifle hunting. They seal up pretty well I just added some extra strips along the doors. I still used some canned foam for any openings that a wasp nest might find or any gaps whether it needed it or not lol. Built platforms for them and all together they ran me just under $1000 each for blind and platform etc...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DuramaxDude; 08-04-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

That Maverick Booner looks nice. I haven’t seen one in person.

Comment

There are many nicer blinds, but for the price Krivoman. I got some shipping pallets from work and mount mine on. Kman are tuffer than all the more expensive blinds and the wind has 0 effect on the blind.

Comment

The Krivo’s have 4 windows, 2 to the front and one at either side. Does that give you 180 degree vision?
                            I thought he used to offer more windows.
                            Can you add another window for 270 dedegree view?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                              The Krivo’s have 4 windows, 2 to the front and one at either side. Does that give you 180 degree vision?

I thought he used to offer more windows.

Can you add another window for 270 dedegree view?
                              The 4 windows give you about 135 degrees of viewing (plenty for most setups if you are hunting the wind) but you can add 2 windows on the back side if you want.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

tag

Comment

Working...
                                X