No announcement yet.

Oyster Bars...raw oysters served!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best I have ever had were from Prince Edward Island and absolutely incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      Spill the beans OP.
      No beans. If you add beans it becomes oyster soup.

On PEI I ate the fresh blue mussles...man they were good! Our fishing guide made them while we were fishing for bluefin.
      They don't cost a lot there but here in Texas they ain't cheap no mo.
      Last edited by RiverRat1; 08-03-2022, 07:46 PM.

Comment

It seems to me that the gulf oysters have an oily taste to them. Maybe it is just me but the Atlantic ones taste better.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          No beans. If you add beans it becomes oyster soup.
          Well played sir…..well played.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
            The best I have ever had were from Prince Edward Island and absolutely incredible
            I had some in that area that were HUGE and they were really good!

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
              It seems to me that the gulf oysters have an oily taste to them. Maybe it is just me but the Atlantic ones taste better.
              Best kept secret is Atlantic Oyster Company oysters at HEB. 10 oz. For 8.00 dollars. Or you can buy local Jerry’s Oysters from Smiths Point. 8 oz for 13.00. That’s 26 dollars a lb. Thanks but no thanks on local thumbsize oysters.

Comment

Aint no way a yankee oyster is better than a Texas oyster.

That's like saying Thai raised shrimp is better than gulf.

Blasphemy

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

Having lead in your pencil is only useful if you have somebody to write to.

Some of us an write a book with a partner, or all by ourselves....

Regarding oysters. I have eaten them my entire life in Texas, while also partaking them in Vancouver. Different, but all good by me!
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Blasphemy

I never knew there was a difference until I was in a DC restaurant that had an oyster menu. I was stationed at Hurlburt Field at the time and the big honkin oysters around Ft Walton and Destin were 5 Cents each oyster shucked during happy hour. The oysters on the menu in DC averaged $50 per dozen and this was in the eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                      Regarding oysters. I have eaten them my entire life in Texas, while also partaking them in Vancouver. Different, but all good by me!
                      This is where I was introduced to cold water and others I didn’t know existed either.

Honestly, I still like gulf the best, but it was what I was brought up on. They seemed to have a hint of sweetness the others didn’t.

Comment

The problem with gulf oysters is marketing. You need to come up with a good, identifiable brand for your product Lee. Something other than "gulf oysters". You see how they do it elsewhere in the US. Do that. Pick a local place name and turn that into your oyster brand. Build the image and market it. The perfect tides, perfect salinity, long growing season all come together to produce a superior oyster, etc, etc.

Hurry up and get it going. I need some new structure over there to fish.

Comment

How long from hatch ----> edible size ?

Comment

I think it’s about 2 to 3 years depending on water quality.

Comment

Blasphemy
                              Completely agree with this.

Have had gulf and east coast oysters, and no comparison in flavor and size. Gulf all the way.

Sucks to hear this news. Seems like I heard something bad was coming for next season a few weeks ago also.

J

Comment

Blasphemy

X2!
                                Oily taste

Comment

Working...
                                X