Serious Question about the Gulf "Dead Zone"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quickstand View Post
    So why all the squack on the news.... Trust me...I don't trust the news, but I would love to hear some first hand takes.

Cause there really was no collusion

Comment

Dead Zone? Impeach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Yep, the United States gets the blame for just about everything these days, and stuck with 90% of the cleanup, when the VAST majority of the garbage in the oceans come from those filthy cultures along those rivers who don't give a ****.

The left primarily, would have you believe it's ALL our fault.
        Yep! Need to check out Fukushima, been dumping radioactive water in the Pacific for years, now theres your Dead Zone. Not a peep about that in the news lately.

Comment

The Mississippi drains ~50% of the lower 48 meaning that essentially most of the tributaries between the Rockies and the Appalachians are connected to the Mississippi at some point. When you think of all the landscape that feeds these tributaries it does make sense biologically. The amount of sediment, nitrates/nitrites, ammonia, and who knows what else that enters the system effectively gets concentrated in the Mississippi and thus makes its way to the gulf. Combine this with the increasing water temps due to summer and you get reduced oxygen holding capacity. So my opinion is biologically it’s possible but who knows how accurate their predictions are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X