Serious Question about the Gulf "Dead Zone"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    And that same land today is back producing. Agriculture learned and developed new practices. I don’t disagree that plastic bottles and pollution doesn’t have an effect but it **** sure isn’t the end all that’s claimed. That’s been proven time and time and time again. You folks take the extreme and try to make it the norm. Bottom line industrial pollution was way worse 50,75, 100 yrs ago.
    So what's extreme?
    Who's taking the middle ground?
    If it's either be extreme or do nothing, I'll choose to be extreme.
    Look at all the reports on here, the pictures, time and time again about the nasty beaches of Texas. The trash everywhere.
    But who's doing anything?
    Just the small groups of people, here and there, the organization that help get people together to clean up, etc..
    They are all part of the extreme movement.
    Look at the post talking about how nasty Galveston waters have become.
    Look at the number of ships that have collided in the port system there over the last 10 yrs. Spilling millions of gallons of who knows what.
    The BP incident.
    The run off into the rivers, from Americas agriculture land.
    It only grows, yr after yr, after yr.
    The only people who care, are the extremes, because who else is doing anything.
    Do you think it's not all adding up little by little?
    Do you think Galveston(the gulf) water at some point will just start getting cleaner and cleaner, as we pump more and more into it?
    What do you think it will look like, when your son(?) is your age?
    Sure it's been there millions of yrs, and gone through a lot of things, but that was natural. Not man made, synthetic.
    There's a different sort of catalyst this time, and people pay it no mind, as if the world is so big, we couldn't possible have any effect on it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      So what's extreme?
      Who's taking the middle ground?
      If it's either be extreme or do nothing, I'll choose to be extreme.
      Look at all the reports on here, the pictures, time and time again about the nasty beaches of Texas. The trash everywhere.
      But who's doing anything?
      Just the small groups of people, here and there, the organization that help get people together to clean up, etc..
      They are all part of the extreme movement.
      Look at the post talking about how nasty Galveston waters have become.
      Look at the number of ships that have collided in the port system there over the last 10 yrs. Spilling millions of gallons of who knows what.
      The BP incident.
      The run off into the rivers, from Americas agriculture land.
      It only grows, yr after yr, after yr.
      The only people who care, are the extremes, because who else is doing anything.
      Do you think it's not all adding up little by little?
      Do you think Galveston(the gulf) water at some point will just start getting cleaner and cleaner, as we pump more and more into it?
      What do you think it will look like, when your son(?) is your age?
      Sure it's been there millions of yrs, and gone through a lot of things, but that was natural. Not man made, synthetic.
      There's a different sort of catalyst this time, and people pay it no mind, as if the world is so big, we couldn't possible have any effect on it.
      As I said I agree on the pollution debris on Texas beaches. My disagreement is the end all devastating long term effects of the BP oil spills and flooding and agriculture effect. But flooding isn’t one of them. Oil spills isn’t one of them. Chemical fertilizers used today isn’t one of them. **** water isn’t one of them even though I don’t agree with. Plastic trash that are non- biodegrable and the like is one of them.
      Last edited by BrandonA; 06-11-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting reading at that link.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstand View Post
          Hey Guys (and Gals)! In the last couple days I have seen news feeds about the growing northern Gulf "Dead Zone" primarily off the coast of Louisiana and Texas. But, I also see news feeds about great fishing in the same general area's. Anyone know what the real story is here? Much appreciation on real info. Thanks!
          Fake news brother, the only Dead Zone I know of is Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
            I work offshore servicing GOM rigs approx 65 to 80 miles southeast of Port Fourchon, La. No dead zone here. Tuna are running, plenty of Dorado (Mahi Mahi), always see barracuda, blue runners, bait fish jumping all around. I'de say the Gulf is doing just fine. At least where I'm at.
            Good to hear! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Yeah I know all about the one in DC - LOL!

Comment

Didn't mean to start something controversial. Thanks all for the insights and info. Much appreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                  Interesting reading at that link.
                  Yep, the United States gets the blame for just about everything these days, and stuck with 90% of the cleanup, when the VAST majority of the garbage in the oceans come from those filthy cultures along those rivers who don't give a ****.

The left primarily, would have you believe it's ALL our fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Yep, the United States gets the blame for just about everything these days, and stuck with 90% of the cleanup, when the VAST majority of the garbage in the oceans come from those filthy cultures along those rivers who don't give a ****.

The left primarily, would have you believe it's ALL our fault.

Yep, the Dems, the folks that claim "they are not Dems", and bunny huggers blame it all on the US to get their global cash cows rolling.... and the hippies fall right into the Fake News trap..
                    Last edited by Smart; 06-12-2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Fake News. They are burning up the trout and reds along the coast of Grand Isle right now. I'm sure the trout aren't as close in to the river around Venice as normal but saying there is a dead zone all the way to Mississippi and Texas is stretching it. I'll be in Grand Isle in 2 weeks and wouldn't be wasting my time going if they weren't catching fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                        https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/n...gulf-of-mexico

Seems they have spelled it out pretty good.
                        Yep. It explains that the annual dead zone occurs at the bottom of the ocean, where all the algae that dies and sinks is decaying. Happens every summer. This year will be a big one with all the extra runoff.

Probably won't affect any fishing, other than bottom fishing.

Comment

water

Originally posted by Quickstand View Post
                          So why all the squack on the news.... Trust me...I don't trust the news, but I would love to hear some first hand takes.
                          Typical media trying to scare everyone Same thing with global warming
                          My question for the Dems on this issue is, if other countrise are not following what they want to do are we going to go to war with them and wipe them off the planet since they will be the ones destroying it

Comment

news

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            mic drop
                            end thread

Comment

Wasn’t dead last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I sure am glad to see that the stories are over-hyped (as predicted). Very glad of that!

Comment

Working...
                                X