Kayote outfitters Nilgai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Probably best for both parties that the hunt was canceled. Other options out there, move on and pick another.

jrg

Comment

Super interested in hunting Nilgai and booking with Kayote. I haven't tried calling them yet. I have tried email & facebook messenger with no replies.

For those that have hunted with them, are phone calls the only way they communicate?

I realize that an outfitter can be great at everything but communication, and still be great.

On the other hand, if the only communication you have with an outfitter is verbal, there is no record of anything - Which does make it a little harder to pick/trust that outfitter, eh?

Comment

Every Nilgai mount I've seen look almost identical. What makes these things a trophy? I'd like to get one for the meat, but not sure if it's worth mounting an animal that looks just like everyone else's. Are there characteristics that make one a trophy over another?

Comment

Horns taller than 8.5 inches

Comment

I usually call or text him. He also has a restrurant so he may not be on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Horns taller than 8.5 inches

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian H View Post
                  What happened on the Mariposs. Always thought about doing a hunt there
                  PM me if you'd like about mariposa

Comment

He is the real deal. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                      PM me if you'd like about mariposa

PM me about the Mariposa. I had a buddy who is a TBH member come to our place call them as a backup plan because we weren’t seeing many. I don’t know much about them but they seemed to be pretty accommodating for what he wanted to do and the price was fair. He ended up killing a nice bull on our place but I have offered it as a backup to a few folks since then.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Every Nilgai mount I've seen look almost identical. What makes these things a trophy? I'd like to get one for the meat, but not sure if it's worth mounting an animal that looks just like everyone else's. Are there characteristics that make one a trophy over another?

I understand where you’re coming from because I think the same way about gators and bought a large gator head for $175 vs $1000 for the taxi work for my gators.

The hide can very in shade along with 2 inches of horn can make a big difference(just ask my wife).

Comment

Nilgai with Kayote

Leaving Wednesday AM headed for a 2 night hunt. Taking my .375 HH that I have never killed with. Should be a blast. Anyone been with him lately?

Comment

I'd be really interested to see a detailed write up when you get back...

Comment

Write up

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                              I'd be really interested to see a detailed write up when you get back...
                              I will do a small write up I am sure.

If I have a good hunt do you think that will change your opinion of the outfit?

Comment

I’m going with him Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X