No announcement yet.

How do you tell your wife no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be accomplished by moving to a more expensive home?

It’s only the 2 of y’all is it really needed or is this a keeping up the the Jones’s, status symbol type thing?

The wife and I made the decision together when we moved a couple years ago. We knew the added cost and both agreed it was worth it financially in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Is this for real?
      X2...I keep waiting for the punch line.

Comment

See if she will settle for a new pop up on the lease instead Lol

Comment

If she wants a new house and you want to stay happily married then you will end up with a new house.

Comment

If you have no think about it , then you probably can't comfortably afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
              If she wants a new house and you want to stay happily married then you will end up with a new house.
              My Dad ran into this problem back in the early 90's with my mom. She wanted a new house, my Dad wanted to pay off the one they had and retire early. He put his foot down, she left. He retired early 58, never remarried, just fished all the time. My mom's new husband is still working past 70, but they have a really nice house/pool/outdoor kitchen, koi pond with waterfall etc.....

Comment

Why a new house? Why move? Family to big for the one you live in now?

I just say no.

Comment

Well, first withhold sex from her for a few days..
                  Then, tell her straight up "not gonna happen, woman."
                  Then wake up from dream, buy new house, and live happily ever after.
                  Happy wife, happy life.

In all seriousness, communicate with her your concerns about $ and listen to her desires for a new home. I think the "why" may be important to her.

Finally, good luck on the new home build or purchase.

Comment

Wrong!

Comment

The Sean Connery way.

and after i get out of the hospital, we build a house.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                        My Dad ran into this problem back in the early 90's with my mom. She wanted a new house, my Dad wanted to pay off the one they had and retire early. He put his foot down, she left. He retired early 58, never remarried, just fished all the time. My mom's new husband is still working past 70, but they have a really nice house/pool/outdoor kitchen, koi pond with waterfall etc.....
                        That's awesome ! I hope to be in your dads situation one day too

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          Wrong!
                          That's it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                            And Dad lived happily ever after. Love the ending to that story!

How do you stay happily married when she made you do something you did not want to do and you have to work longer and harder?
                            I don't buy the happy wife happy life thing. I am in this marriage also and I count. Not just the money either.

Tell her we can't do it and thats that.

Comment

That's it ?
                              Yes, it's not that difficult but I see some of you guys have made life really hard for yourselves lol. The OP even said his wife LETS him travel to go hunting. She LETS him??? WTH???

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                                And Dad lived happily ever after. Love the ending to that story!

How do you stay happily married when she made you do something you did not want to do and you have to work longer and harder?
                                I don't buy the happy wife happy life thing. I am in this marriage also and I count. Not just the money either.

Tell her we can't do it and thats that.
                                That's so cute....

Comment

Working...
                                X