Best Feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    The Lamco Low and Throw is the best feeder on the market. You can get it in a 600 lb version. It's heavy duty, coon proof, cows, and hogs can't even tear it up. It's far more solid than the ASF feeders. It has a more sturdy base than the Ranch King. It also has a larger opening than the Ranch King for filling. Four guys can literally fill the Lamco at the same time.

I know the Lamco is your dream feeder but not sure how you can say thin angle iron on the base is stronger than the square tube on the ranch king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      I know the Lamco is your dream feeder but not sure how you can say thin angle iron on the base is stronger than the square tube on the ranch king.

Because it's not thin angle iron. It's more sturdy than the Ranch King base. It's just my opinion. They are both great feeders. I just preferred the Lamco, and thought it was slightly better.

Comment

What’s everyone’s take on directional feeders?

Comment

We are going to the Ranch King this year. Owner likes the way the unit drops down during feeding then retracts back into the housing for protection. No way a varmint or hogs can get into the unit. No need for a guard and unit will throw feed away from the feeder and not under it. Control panel is on the inside of the lid. Do not know anything about how long they will last or cost of repairs. We will see.

Comment

Everything at our place has Krivoman directional feeders, high capacity (1000 lbs+) and they work great

Comment

We have about 26 outback feeders. Been running them for about 11 years. Hands down "the best" feeder. But krivomans are probably the best bang for your buck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

What does everyone think about the Hangem High Feeders? They seem to be very well made.

Comment

Hangem highs are great feeders. I used them for years. If they held more corn I’d still be running them

Comment

Lamco low and throw is a great feeder

Comment

Best feeder I’ve ever owned is the one I built from the ground up. Reliable and holds a good amount of corn that I generally fill it every 3 to 4 months. Best of all I built it for less than a bill.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                        Best feeder I’ve ever owned is the one I built from the ground up. Reliable and holds a good amount of corn that I generally fill it every 3 to 4 months. Best of all I built it for less than a bill.
                        Want to build me one?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Because it's not thin angle iron. It's more sturdy than the Ranch King base. It's just my opinion. They are both great feeders. I just preferred the Lamco, and thought it was slightly better.

I like the idea of nothing dropping down too that could break or jam as well. If it can, it will. Keep it simple. If I have to dump a feeder once in a lifetime (while standing on the ground at just under chest level) to get at a motor but never have to **** with coons or cages again it’s well worth it. So far I’m sold on the Lamco.

Comment

Rat here! Look no further.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	All Seasons 600#.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	24579964

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Rat here! Look no further.

[ATTACH]957419[/ATTACH]

Cages around feeders is so 2010 lol

Comment

Traildust, we are talking about the "Best Feeders."

They don't have cages to knock corn down.

Comment

Working...
                                X