2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    Well apparently DFW got some rain overnight and today. Delayed my son’s team two hours. Now it looks like they canceled today all together and are going to play a one day tournament tomorrow
    Still want that $$$$$ hope they give a discount?

Comment

Hey if any of you guys have Tournaments at "the Ranch" in Franklin hit me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
        Still want that $$$$$ hope they give a discount?
        I doubt there will be a discount. Shocked if there was

Comment

Well boys are finished up and headed home. Finished the weekend 4-2. Lost to Keller and Southlake Carrol. Wins against Rockwall, Jesuit, Sasche, and Flower Mound. Boys start a no so competitive district soon

Comment

Went 1-1 yesterday not happy with the bats at all and the umpires are not real great. I'm not impressed at all with the so called "ShowCase" tournament at Premier. The umpires have no clue on how many innings we are playing we went back in forth on 2 games if we where playing 6 or 7 innings complete joke. After the game we went in did the metric testing on the boys they did very well and a few of my boys tested at the HS level as 7th graders which i was proud of and shocked to see. After the test a coach comes over and tells me he will send out a email to those kids and will give them a free week of training to see where they are after that, come to find out he is a coach at Premier which really ****** me off. They are using these showcase tournaments as requiting your kids which i think is shady as hell period!!!!!

Comment

Not a whole lot of positive comments about either big tourneys around here this weekend...
              The utrip nit has Larson flavor all over it...
              And premiers umpiring getting torched at all levels...

Comment

I would not reccomend anyone push the showcase tourneys until about 15-16u.

Comment

Well my son’s team went 1-1 this morning in pool play. Bracket starts at 3:00 pm. Going to be a long day for my wife. Game Changer is a great thing. I can follow the game while I am down in Livingston with our daughter

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                    Went 1-1 yesterday not happy with the bats at all and the umpires are not real great. I'm not impressed at all with the so called "ShowCase" tournament at Premier. The umpires have no clue on how many innings we are playing we went back in forth on 2 games if we where playing 6 or 7 innings complete joke. After the game we went in did the metric testing on the boys they did very well and a few of my boys tested at the HS level as 7th graders which i was proud of and shocked to see. After the test a coach comes over and tells me he will send out a email to those kids and will give them a free week of training to see where they are after that, come to find out he is a coach at Premier which really ****** me off. They are using these showcase tournaments as requiting your kids which i think is shady as hell period!!!!!
                    Wow. We haven't played in the 5 tool stuff, but sure thought they were being run better than that. Total BS on the Premier coaches trying to recruit from "metrics" testing! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Lost in the simi finals on a couple mental mistakes and blew a 3 run lead on one error which total blew my mind. We turned the bats on, But did not finish the way we should have. Move on to the next one and get better every week!!!!

Comment

My son’s team just won their semifinal game in the pouring rain. Onto the championship. They have been at the field since 7:15 this morning

Comment

Well the boys lost in the championship game. Left the field at 11:30pm. The boys were tired

Comment

thhats a tough day man, conrgrats to the boys

we are scheduled off again this weekend, we would like to play though if anyone needs an 11u or 12u kid hit me up

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              thhats a tough day man, conrgrats to the boys

we are scheduled off again this weekend, we would like to play though if anyone needs an 11u or 12u kid hit me up
                              Funny you mention that. One of our kiddos got sick with the flu on Friday. We picked up a friend/kiddo to take down to Houston. We play at Mavs this weekend.

We had a tough pool play draw, and lost both games Saturday. Ended up showing pretty well actually with two wins on Sunday. Not a bad trip baseball wise. That's a big tourney and to get a couple wins on Sunday made the kiddos proud.

Jax has started making contact as normal, but just not generating power at all. His defense was greatness. Had an over the shoulder catch, and 2 double plays at second. One was a turn, and the other was a leaping catch and throw over to third. Had an assist during Sat play as well. We have got to find a way to generate some power with the contact.

Great job on the run on Sunday AGGIE! That's a long as heck day for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                Funny you mention that. One of our kiddos got sick with the flu on Friday. We picked up a friend/kiddo to take down to Houston. We play at Mavs this weekend.

We had a tough pool play draw, and lost both games Saturday. Ended up showing pretty well actually with two wins on Sunday. Not a bad trip baseball wise. That's a big tourney and to get a couple wins on Sunday made the kiddos proud.

Jax has started making contact as normal, but just not generating power at all. His defense was greatness. Had an over the shoulder catch, and 2 double plays at second. One was a turn, and the other was a leaping catch and throw over to third. Had an assist during Sat play as well. We have got to find a way to generate some power with the contact.

Great job on the run on Sunday AGGIE! That's a long as heck day for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X