No announcement yet.

May 15, 2010(Long Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome brother, super happy for you. See ya in 365!!

Comment

Great testimony and very glad to see you on the straight in narrow. Don't guilt yourself too bad over your boys, none of us are perfect. In fact, I think you stepping up and getting your life back in order probably made your boys very proud of you. Good stuff my man.

Comment

Congrats! Way to go!

Comment

Man im so proud for you and thanks for sharing!!

Comment

It is always powerful to go back and read this. Kind of puts things into proper perspective. Thanks so much for your willingness to share your struggle and success with us, takes a big man to do what you did. The same with you Sotx. I admire your truthfulness and your story as well.

Comment

Great news bud. Keep it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                congrats again brother ... 1 day at a time
                Yessir, and the days add up quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  Year 8 in the books. Life is great.
                  Great testimony and congrats.

Rwc

Comment

This is still a great thread. God bless you.

Comment

Impressive and glad you opened up, congrats Richie

Comment

Happy birthday, I'm 1/26/06, one day at a time!!!

Comment

Congrats bud. Don't EVER forget that the drink is always ready to take you back whenever you're willing. My last drink was 08/01/1993 and I still brush off the urge every day. ODAAT

Comment

I don't know how I have missed this for 5 years, but a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you, sir!! It's been 8.5 years for me since I quit. I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I have and continue to. May God bless you and strengthen you more every day!

Comment

What an awesome read. I myself have also thought about quittin cold turkey. I’ve been saying I’m gonna quit for years but it only lasts a couple of weeks. Your story really inspired me sir. I myself don’t want to go the AA route, I just want to battle it myself. I rarely drink during the workweek but as sure as the weekend is here or on my days off I go on a binge like all day and night. I’ve been fortunate that my wife has stuck with me thru all I’ve put her through with my drinking, and I feel like this time is the last time that I will say I’m quitting because I really look foreword to quitting. I myself have consumed alcohol since my high school years and I think enough is enough. Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by psebowhunter View Post
                                What an awesome read. I myself have also thought about quittin cold turkey. I’ve been saying I’m gonna quit for years but it only lasts a couple of weeks. Your story really inspired me sir. I myself don’t want to go the AA route, I just want to battle it myself. I rarely drink during the workweek but as sure as the weekend is here or on my days off I go on a binge like all day and night. I’ve been fortunate that my wife has stuck with me thru all I’ve put her through with my drinking, and I feel like this time is the last time that I will say I’m quitting because I really look foreword to quitting. I myself have consumed alcohol since my high school years and I think enough is enough. Wish me luck.
                                Sounds like you've made your mind up! This thread is a perfect example of what your life will be like without alchohalism! Hang tough, we're pulling for ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X