Aransas 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
    Im sorry, I believe you're mistaken, there was no such email sent!
    You're right. I am mistaken.

Disregard folks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Refuge is asking to get the word out.

"This year, we have 40 stand-by archery hunt permits available. Interested parties must show up at Aransas NWR on Saturday, September 22nd. Names can be placed in the drawing between 8:30 and 9:00 am, and 40 permits will be drawn at 9:00 am. Drawn hunters must pay $130 cash (bring exact amount - no change available). Please help us get the word out!"
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Thumper; 09-19-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Yes, that way we will get to see more hunters while we are hunting!

Com'on OG

Comment

Originally posted by gbludau View Post
          yes, that way we will get to see more hunters while we are hunting!

Com'on og

sent from my sm-g892a using tapatalk
          lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

Com'on OG

Yep, its a doubled edge sword, if hunters do not fill the stand-by slots we will most likely loose them. Next year there's a good chance I will not be drawn, I like the idea of stand-by permits.

I doubt 40 will show up Sat on such short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Triprhw View Post
              I will be coming from Elgin and Scout the 28th. Plan to hunt as much of the week as I can stand. Have hunted East Lake and Laguna Atascosa but imagine this will be lots soggier. Solo draw but willing to partner up on sight. Any sense bringing a game cart or would a john boat be more in order

Bring the cart. In the past canoes have been allowed, but not motorized boats.

Comment

Keep em honest

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                Refuge is asking to get the word out.

"This year, we have 40 stand-by archery hunt permits available. Interested parties must show up at Aransas NWR on Saturday, September 22nd. Names can be placed in the drawing between 8:30 and 9:00 am, and 40 permits will be drawn at 9:00 am. Drawn hunters must pay $130 cash (bring exact amount - no change available). Please help us get the word out!"
                Thumper , your the huntsman and gentleman. Thank you kindly

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Yep, its a doubled edge sword, if hunters do not fill the stand-by slots we will most likely loose them. Next year there's a good chance I will not be drawn, I like the idea of stand-by permits.

I doubt 40 will show up Sat on such short notice.
                  I concur about having standbys available. I'd show up to standby, but not apply again and keep my points for LANWR.

Comment

I’m willing to work in a team

Originally posted by Triprhw View Post
                    I will be coming from Elgin and Scout the 28th. Plan to hunt as much of the week as I can stand. Have hunted East Lake and Laguna Atascosa but imagine this will be lots soggier. Solo draw but willing to partner up on sight. Any sense bringing a game cart or would a john boat be more in order
                    I’m hunting from my tree sling . I’m scouting Thursday . I plan to hunt all day. I’ll pack enough for an all day sit . I don’t want to bust up men afield.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

Com'on OG

Lol. The refuge hasn't been able to sell all their permits for a while, no draw, all OTC. 50% or more of the people that show up the first day won't hunt the second day. There's a reason it's fallen off, low success, tough hunting conditions. The only reason it's gotten any kind of hype is because they threw it in the TP&W draw and people just apply for everything now and happy to get drawn for something.

Comment

I bet it doesn't take long for the "new" hype about archery hunting at Aransas to pass. Then the hard core guys should have a reasonable chance to hunt there every year.

Comment

Half the number of hunters don’t hunt the second day

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Lol. The refuge hasn't been able to sell all their permits for a while, no draw, all OTC. 50% or more of the people that show up the first day won't hunt the second day. There's a reason it's fallen off, low success, tough hunting conditions. The only reason it's gotten any kind of hype is because they threw it in the TP&W draw and people just apply for everything now and happy to get drawn for something.
                          I figured as much givin how easy it is to hunt deer everywhere else in Texas . I applied to everything and am happy to have Been picked at all . It doesn’t sound easy but I garuntee, it a lot easier and better opportunity than most public hunts back home .

Comment

Agreed. The rifle hunt is hard enough.

Comment

There are more public hunting opportunities than the draw system here. Maybe not endless public hunting but more than the draw system.

Comment

Hey, Leonitas my info may be wrong I have the 28th (Friday) as the only scouting day after this weekend, I will miss the Saturday and Sunday hunts (might make Sunday evening) then try to hunt all week. Hope to see you there with a buck hanging!

Comment

Working...
                                X