No announcement yet.

Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some cheap cameras out there. Hopefully still out there...

Comment

Spent few hours out today trying to relocate some stand ideas. With the ragweed overtake it was a lost cause. Didn’t see a single deer or pig this morning but stumbled across a 18-20” Copperhead [emoji51][emoji51]

It’s going to be a rough season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
        Spent few hours out today trying to relocate some stand ideas. With the ragweed overtake it was a lost cause. Didn’t see a single deer or pig this morning but stumbled across a 18-20” Copperhead [emoji51][emoji51]

It’s going to be a rough season

All I know is if anyone come Oct hears someone sneezing and coughing it ain't covid dang ragweed is gonna KILL me this yr so I'll push all the deer to yall

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright, so who on here has been watching Jeff Sturgis with Whitetail Habitat Solutions? Click image for larger version

Name:	20210923_114535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	24662474

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Busteddddd hahaha I seen this on videos never tried whoever did this let me kniw how it worjs!

Comment

I didnt see a camera over it but I didn't look long. It's in a good travel area! Curious if it was a fellow tbher.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

T-minus 7 days.
                I'll be close enough to the road to take pictures of you guys driving by!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                  T-minus 7 days.
                  I'll be close enough to the road to take pictures of you guys driving by!
                  **** I'm about to just let yall have it....dand ragweed pollen is killing me screw this crap! Lol

Comment

Yep it’s really grown up. I haven’t seen near the amount of game cameras set up that I did last year or all the boot prints. However, I had several deer on cameras daily since June and now this past 9 days absolutely nothing except a squirrel once in a while. We’ll just have to wait and see how many newbies show up opening weekend to spot and stalk just like they see on tv.

Comment

Found doe in several areas of the unit and their bedding area. Problem is finding a good buck. Only pictures of small bucks except for one night time picture of a good 8 pt it looked like.

Not sure how much I will get to hunt Somerville but going to do my best to get a buck down when I get the opportunity. My problem is limited to only day hunts, no evening hunts.

Comment

FYI, post - correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we supposed to wear Orange year round out there? I asked a game warden and the Somerville crew and was told yes, even when there isn't a shotgun season but it is a new game warden this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                          Yep it’s really grown up. I haven’t seen near the amount of game cameras set up that I did last year or all the boot prints. However, I had several deer on cameras daily since June and now this past 9 days absolutely nothing except a squirrel once in a while. We’ll just have to wait and see how many newbies show up opening weekend to spot and stalk just like they see on tv.

Had one guy show up this morning who said he hunted box 5 and STRAIGHT up said he's out there finding stands to hunt and "its publicland" so if he finds cameras and stand he will use and take as he wants....uses a bike to go down the road

Comment

I got photos of him and his truck and if my stuff comes up missing he will be on my hunt list

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                              Had one guy show up this morning who said he hunted box 5 and STRAIGHT up said he's out there finding stands to hunt and "its publicland" so if he finds cameras and stand he will use and take as he wants....uses a bike to go down the road

What is box 5? I’ve been hunting out there 8-9 years now and never heard of it. Sounds like an A hole for sure. I don’t leave stands out there ever. I know a lot of people do because I’ve seen them plenty of times and some have been there several years in the same spots. When I see a stand or camera I just move on down the way a bit and find my own spot. That’s all it takes is one or a few of those guys to ruin it for everyone else.

People like him are why I place my cameras on trees covered in poison ivy.

Comment

Box 5 is other the area in deanville threw the guys property on the yegua creek side

Comment

Working...
                                X