Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good>bad

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong I have good grown adult kids and love them very much but, We really enjoy being empty nesters.

I mow my own yard.
    I agree 100%! It was sort of tongue in cheek. Plus I got to buy a Ranger (see thread about how stupid I am-Stuck Polaris Ranger) so I don’t have to carry corn across the river on my back any more. Congrats on the kids being out doing well and a strong marriage……….those things are not to be taken for granted.

Comment

I do all my own yard work on two acres. I'm only 74, so don't know how I'll handle it when I get old.

Comment

My wife does ours most weeks. I taught my oldest how to weed eat and my middle boy how to use the blower. My 10 year old daughter handles all the land mines the dogs drop in the yard.

Team work makes the dream work.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I mow my 3 acres. Takes me right at 2 hours to mow, weedeat, edge, blow. I do it once a week. No way I’d pay someone to do mine. I’m too picky and they’d never do it right. Lol

Comment

I don't mind mowing much, but i HATE weedeating. I'm cheap so I suck it up and do it myself on my 2 acres. If I had more than my 2 acres to do, i would probably hire it out.
            Mowing would probably go a lot smoother on a nicer mower, but again I'm cheap. I have a 38" cut JD that was given to me and it works. Pitifully slow, but it works. I bought a swisher pull behind finish cut mower and the added 60" really helps but still have to mow at the speed that the JD can handle.

Comment

I have .87 acres and I pay $50 for it to be done. It’s supposed to be done weekly but most of time it’s done about 3 times a month because of rain and having to push it back from the normal Monday.

It’s not worth my time or investment in a mower. I probably spend around $1200 a year on mowing about 3 times a month for 7.5 to 8 months.

Knowing the way I am I’m not buying a cheap zero turn so it would probably be a nice one between $7500 to $12000. I can pay to have my yard mowed for 7 to 10 years not including maintence and gas for the blower, weed eater, and mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Used to mow my own subdivision yard under the guise of “I needed the exercise.” Then my good friend/neighbor’s kid approached me about mowing mine for pay. I talked with the dad and we figured it would help teach the kid some responsibility and accountability plus give him some spending money doing it for somebody besides just his own yard. I told the kid what I expected and I’ll be ****ed if the sucker doesn’t do a helluva job and my yard looks great. His consistency has also brought my St Augustine backyard up to super thick and plush. I was going to spend a lot of money to have it re-sodded, so his mowing fee has paid for itself. Now hopefully he never graduates high school and never goes yo college. [emoji41][emoji12][emoji23]It’s worth every penny I pay him to save that time for something else.
                This is what I'm going with, too. Except it isn't a neighbor kid...its a family. They don't live in my neighborhood but cut several other lawns here. And I absolutely hate cutting grass.

Comment

I pay someone gladly. Haha

My yard is pretty small and paying someone is undoubtably cheaper than owning a mower!

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                    That's the secret, keep moving and don't get stagnant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Old dude that live across from my Mom cuts his lawn with push mower. At 80+ years old, he uses a cane to walk. But he pushes that mower! I think that has kept him alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                      Jesus Christ saved my soul!
                      Jesus mows my grass. Him and his crew in out 15 mins.
                      Just like Bro. Bill has been telling us along, Jesus is the answer to most of life’s problems!

Comment

Originally posted by StanS806 View Post
                        I do all my own yard work on two acres. I'm only 74, so don't know how I'll handle it when I get old.
                        I like that attitude StanS806, mow on!

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                          Old dude that live across from my Mom cuts his lawn with push mower. At 80+ years old, he uses a cane to walk. But he pushes that mower! I think that has kept him alive.
                          Bet you are right about the 80+ year old. Following a push mower around and walking with a cane sounds pretty decent to me if I get to be 80+. Don’t want the nursing home life, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            I have .87 acres and I pay $50 for it to be done. It’s supposed to be done weekly but most of time it’s done about 3 times a month because of rain and having to push it back from the normal Monday.

It’s not worth my time or investment in a mower. I probably spend around $1200 a year on mowing about 3 times a month for 7.5 to 8 months.

Knowing the way I am I’m not buying a cheap zero turn so it would probably be a nice one between $7500 to $12000. I can pay to have my yard mowed for 7 to 10 years not including maintence and gas for the blower, weed eater, and mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            My best friend is the Dixie Chopper dealer. Their commercial ones (silver Eagle is what I have) are bad mothers and mine is in great shape. But he and I both know that when this one gives up the ghost, the $10,000 for a new one will be spent on yard people. I see your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              Why not just pay someone to mow the investment properties & write that off under your LLC and focus on your own house yourself?
                              Answering several posts in one post.

Honestly the investment properties are easy upkeep, I don’t keep them at my yard level of manicure until right when they go on the market if then at all.

My yard is what’s tough. I like it to look like it’s well taken care of and it’s the finish work (same as in my properties) that takes up so much time.

All valid issues. The yard has lots of interesting slopes and angles and landscaping and pool and several hundred feet of iron fence and stone columns and trees and hanging limbs and driveways for blade edging. it’s the weedeating and push mowing bagging that gets me. It’s probably 2 plus hours of it or more if I do all of it and it’s become a pain where once it didn’t bother me now it does.

You’re right I need to roundup manage a lot more of it. FS110 stihl weedeater big line. But there’s still some parts I’ll have to push mow. I have wide gates and can get mower in but the slopes and weedeating now wear me out where once they didn’t.

Comment

I mow 3 acres. Before the house and landscaping, garden, etc… it took me 2 hrs. Now it takes 4 and with all the rain this year, it’s every weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X