No announcement yet.

Home Yard Mowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP, your health is more important than saving money and time. Heat stroke is no joke
    Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
    I cut about 1 1/2 acres. Takes me just about 90 minutes to Z-turn, weed eat, and blow it off.

I'm blessed financially and could easily afford to pay others. But, I'm not paying anybody to do my work if I'm able. Not judging anyone, that's just me.

At 62-years old, I'm also beginning to see a need to stay active, and this is one I choose to do. Sit in the chair and die, or keep moving and grooving. I need a new roof, but I'm past the age of shingling a roof!!
    This is me (except for financially blessed)

But I paid someone to mow the lake property this week. 150 bucks to mow 2 acres that was probably 20" tall. Mostly cause there was no way I could get a boat and a mower up here

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in a similar situation myself except I have about 5-6 acres on my personal home place I routinely mow which has been a pain this summer with all the rain we have had. I have a Ford sub compact tractor with 60” mid mower & a 52” ZT
      I have 3 rentals in which I paid a couple of HS kids to mow this summer

Comment

It generally takes me an hour and a half to two hours to mow. I use a Hustler Zero Turn and I don’t weed eat or blow the drive. That’s my wife’s chore, (mainly because I hate weed eating). After I had my little heart attack I was so week I got tired just watching her mow. I suggested she find a kid at her school that she thought was capable and let him mow, weed eat, etc. He comes Monday to look it over.

Comment

Used to mow my own subdivision yard under the guise of “I needed the exercise.” Then my good friend/neighbor’s kid approached me about mowing mine for pay. I talked with the dad and we figured it would help teach the kid some responsibility and accountability plus give him some spending money doing it for somebody besides just his own yard. I told the kid what I expected and I’ll be ****ed if the sucker doesn’t do a helluva job and my yard looks great. His consistency has also brought my St Augustine backyard up to super thick and plush. I was going to spend a lot of money to have it re-sodded, so his mowing fee has paid for itself. Now hopefully he never graduates high school and never goes yo college. [emoji41][emoji12][emoji23]It’s worth every penny I pay him to save that time for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Used to mow my own subdivision yard under the guise of “I needed the exercise.” Then my good friend/neighbor’s kid approached me about mowing mine for pay. I talked with the dad and we figured it would help teach the kid some responsibility and accountability plus give him some spending money doing it for somebody besides just his own yard. I told the kid what I expected and I’ll be ****ed if the sucker doesn’t do a helluva job and my yard looks great. His consistency has also brought my St Augustine backyard up to super thick and plush. I was going to spend a lot of money to have it re-sodded, so his mowing fee has paid for itself. Now hopefully he never graduates high school and never goes yo college. [emoji41][emoji12][emoji23]It’s worth every penny I pay him to save that time for something else.
            I had to check and see if you were my neighbor. My son is mowing yards and I often get told how professional his work is! Dang good feeling

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Jesus Christ saved my soul!
              Jesus mows my grass. Him and his crew in out 15 mins.

Comment

I gave in and hired someone to mow mine 3 years ago and wish I had done it sooner. The time I save from not doing it is worth far more than I pay and they do a better job than I did when I mowed it myself. It all just depends on the value of your time. Hardest part for me was that I enjoyed it, but grass will be growing long after my kids are grown and my career has slowed down by my choice.

Comment

I have no idea how long it takes my wife to mow but she doesn’t do it all at once. Front yard one day, back yard another day. Now the pastures can take all week. I’ve offered to buy her a self propelled instead of a push mower but she refuses. Got me a good woman.

Comment

I hate weed eating, mowing on a ZT is not bad. My 91 y/o uncle still mows his own yard (5 acres) and he has MONEY!

Comment

I mow for a few folks and I can tell ya upkeep on big mowers, weedeaters, blowers,trucks an trailers ain't cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        I have no idea how long it takes my wife to mow but she doesn’t do it all at once. Front yard one day, back yard another day. Now the pastures can take all week. I’ve offered to buy her a self propelled instead of a push mower but she refuses. Got me a good woman.
                        That’s a heck of a woman to mow a pasture with a push mower
                        If you really want to toughen her up let her try it with a 16” manual reel mower
                        You better hang on to her

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                          I cut about 1 1/2 acres. Takes me just about 90 minutes to Z-turn, weed eat, and blow it off.

I'm blessed financially and could easily afford to pay others. But, I'm not paying anybody to do my work if I'm able. Not judging anyone, that's just me.

At 62-years old, I'm also beginning to see a need to stay active, and this is one I choose to do. Sit in the chair and die, or keep moving and grooving. I need a new roof, but I'm past the age of shingling a roof!!
                          That's the secret, keep moving and don't get stagnant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            That’s a heck of a woman to mow a pasture with a push mower
                            If you really want to toughen her up let her try it with a 16” manual reel mower
                            You better hang on to her
                            No doubt. She’s a keeper.

Comment

I gave up on my front yard years ago. Trying to keep it nice with two 60 year old oaks is a royal pain. Please take my $35.00.....................

Comment

I pay a young man who was one of my eagles scouts when I was a SM.
                                He does it for $30.
                                But he also works for me on boat lifts and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X