• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard there is bad flooding in LaPlace.

Comment

2021 Hurricane Season

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Black ice how are you doing? My family in Prairieville lost power a while ago and the others in Baton Rouge lost power about 30 minutes ago.

It’s getting nasty here right now. I’m on the SE side of Baton Rouge in St. George.

Nobody has power but it’s not that bad. I’m sitting on my back porch drinking a beer watching my fence about to get blown over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Black Ice; 08-29-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
        Heard there is bad flooding in LaPlace.

LaPlace got hammered.

Baton Rouge would have had the worst storm ever if it didn’t start heading east.

Comment

A friend of ours has family that stayed in Cut off and Larose. Just finished watching videos from Grande Isle, I bet it wasn’t long into the storm that they regretted that decision.

Comment

Comment

What’s the word y’all? Do we need to head east?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, morning updates?

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                  What’s the word y’all? Do we need to head east?!

Its gonna be days before We can get to our buddies in golden meadow area. Prb days before they can even get back in.

Comment

I went fishing with Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge in Barataria couple times. Worried they are going to have major damage. Their lodge and setup was super nice too.

Comment

Worth heading up now, or let the smoke clear for a day or two?

Current plan is to go up Thursday morning with diesel and skid steers, chainsaw, water, food, etc.

Haven’t heard from any of our friends in the area. Assuming all coms are down at the moment.

Comment

I am hearing some pretty grim reports out of the Houma hospitals and losing back up power for ventilators. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          Ormond Estates ? My good friend lives in Hahnville across the River from Destrehan. He went East to Destin. Eye passed over Edgard & Garyville which is probably 10 miles from Destrehan

Prayers sent up brother
                          Yes, Ormond Estates. They live on Rosedown......still unsure what the status of their house is. They road it out in Metairie at my brother in laws house. They had a generator.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I am hearing some pretty grim reports out of the Houma hospitals and losing back up power for ventilators. Can anyone confirm?
                            My cousin is in the hospital in Slidell, they were on backup power last night. Last time I talked to her, about 2130, she was fine. tried getting in touch this AM, but no response.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              My cousin is in the hospital in Slidell, they were on backup power last night. Last time I talked to her, about 2130, she was fine. tried getting in touch this AM, but no response.
                              After Laura communications was tough for a while. Sprint didn't work at all and AT&T was spotty.

Comment

3 they are watching..
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X